Trout Cove Trip

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Trout Cove Trip

Postby pulldown » Thu May 20, 2010 2:27 pm

I'm looking at going to Trout Cove early next week (Tuesday or Wednesday) and just wanted to get some 411. I can't believe it but i've never managed to make my way down there for climbing. So despite the potential for bugs and ticks, i'm going for it. I've read Cassidy's guide and searched the forum for info.

Has there been any new routes developed since the guidebook was published?

I see in the cliff photo that there are 2 or 3 bolts in the middle but no lines, what's the story with them?

There are a few routes that are described as Top Rope routes. the guide suggests that they were put up by a visiting climber, maybe they did not have access to a drill? Is there a reason that they have not been bolted? If i'm going i can take the drill and hardware and equip a route if it's needed/wanted.

Also saw mention on the message board about Gullivers Cove routes. Sounds like a few trad lines there. I was down that way many, many years ago and thought it looked quite interesting and had potential for routes but wasn't sure how solid it was. Are there many routes there now? Is it worth stopping there?

Thanks

Todd
pulldown

Re: Trout Cove Trip

Postby mick » Thu May 20, 2010 3:20 pm

Bring the drill and put in a set of rings/chains/giant coldshuts where those three climbs come together at the little tree in Cassidy's guidebook. The "tree" was just a rotten stump two years ago when I was there and I'd be surprised if it's there at all today.
mick

Postby Zamboni » Thu May 20, 2010 5:49 pm

Enjoy lyme desease! Bring a pad for those boulders down in the bay side of Sandy Cove
Zamboni

Postby stoneseeker » Thu May 20, 2010 9:35 pm

Want company? I could pitch in gas , or just take my car along if your rig is full.
give me a shout if your interested... 469 9521
~ Lukey
stoneseeker

Postby martha » Fri May 21, 2010 6:47 am

LOADS of ticks down there this time of year. be sure to check yourselves over really really well before getting in the car.. and check all your gear etc. I've never seen so many ticks in one place as there... you can actually see them hanging on the grass. :S
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby chossmonkey » Sat May 22, 2010 10:44 am

martha wrote:LOADS of ticks down there this time of year. be sure to check yourselves over really really well before getting in the car.. and check all your gear etc. I've never seen so many ticks in one place as there... you can actually see them hanging on the grass. :S

Checking hard to see places for ticks....

Sounds like an awkward place to go to with your regular climbing partner, but a great place to take a date.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Fred » Sat May 22, 2010 7:45 pm

martha wrote:I've never seen so many ticks in one place...

I think you mean, hicks.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby seanT » Sun May 23, 2010 8:37 am

They dont have to worry about hicks... Toddles is going and necks dont come any redder than his!
Squirts on the other hand has a purdy little mouth
seanT

Postby LauraL » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi - I'm thinking about going to Trout cove next week. Todd, were you able to put bolts in these climbs? If anyone wants to head down next week, I'm hoping to climb there between July 13th-17th. Thanks!
LauraL

Return to Nova Scotia