Beyond Godzilla

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Beyond Godzilla

Postby Quinn » Fri May 28, 2010 7:04 pm

While climbing in the third realm I cam across this impressive looking feature on the wall behind Godzilla. It is aggressively overhanging, very tall, and appeared to be well featured. It also looks like the arete may have been scrubbed. Has anyone explored this?

Quinn

Re: Beyond Godzilla

Postby seanT » Fri May 28, 2010 10:30 pm

YO! I scrubbed that shizzle years ago but have never been back. Looks totally cool super sick. Have fun on it.
Sean
seanT

Postby stoneseeker » Sat May 29, 2010 11:57 am

Nate Smizzle put some scrubbing hours in on top rope last year, and said a key hold broke on the lip.
The landing on that thing is scary as hell if you fall off the lip (the apparent crux) make sure you bring a strong spotter who can snag you from imminent broken limbs if you try it. Theres also some fun little lines below it on the long sluggish rock.
~ Lukey
stoneseeker

Postby Nate » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Yeah that thing is fair game for anybody with the balls to try it. I scrubbed it clean this winter and tried to do it all on top rope. It got a lot harder after the crimp at the lip broke and i kinda gave up after that. There is also some climbing down the hill from there including a pretty sassy v8.
Nate

Return to Nova Scotia