Yo ladies! I need a group or a gal to to climb with.

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Yo ladies! I need a group or a gal to to climb with.

Postby Lidi » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:38 pm

Hey girls,
I am looking for a gal pal to climb with. I love my guy, (he introduced me to climbing) but its been hard being so new and climbing with someone so dedicated and determined. I've been finding his familiarity with me frustrating on the climbs. One day maybe, but for now I need to climb with someone less involved in my everyday... I'd love to climb with a fresh face that is as newish as I am. On ropes I'm a 5.8 - 5.9, and on boulders I'm super fresh at V0, V1...started touching the rocks about a year and half ago now...

I'm a summer student so I'm busy most weekdays, though the evenings are often open - Sundays would work best.
Let me know!
Lidi

Re: Yo ladies! I need a group or a gal to to climb with.

Postby martha » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:36 pm

where are you located?
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Lidi » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:14 pm

Dartmouth, near Sullivans pond.
Lidi

Postby ClimbingGirl » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:14 pm

There's a bunch of us that rope climb every weekend. Most of the group is climbing 5.7-5.10a (sport and traditional). Lately, we've started to have a girls climbing day about once a week.

You can reach me at m_j_lloyd@hotmail.com.
Cheers, Michelle
ClimbingGirl

Postby Chloe » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:37 pm

I'm also a summer student here (I live near Dal) and it would be nice to climb with some girls my skill level! My usual partners are guys, much stronger, and a lot taller..which works well most of the time, but it would be a nice change to get out with some women! I don't have a car or a lot of gear but it would be fantastic to get out in a group!
Chloe

Postby Lidi » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:09 pm

sorry for the delayed response... soooo busy.
Michelle, I just sent you an e-mail, hopefully it doesn't go to your junk mail..
I'm very interested in the weekend climbing, (especially Sundays) and have some gear and usually a car to boot!
count me in!
Lidi

Postby Jenn » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Hey Ladies,

I am also looking for someone to climb with. My partner climbs but it's often hard for me to get him to go because he would rather go surfing. On ropes I'm climbing at a 5.9-5.10 level. I have all the gear for sport and I'm confident multi-pitch climber. I don't have a trad rack, but I'm a great second. All of my outdoor climing has been in the Rockies and at Skaha so I have never bouldered, but would love to start.

Let me know!
Jenn
Jenn

Return to Nova Scotia