where is this?

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

where is this?

Postby jeremy benjamin » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Photo by Rowan Lubke
This photo is posted on the CNS blog. It was taken the night people went to Billabong and beyond. Can anyone tell me where this is, how to get there and what problems are there if the location is not in the guide book. Props to Rowan on the photo, it looks great . Thanks for any beta you can share about this area.
jeremy benjamin

Re: where is this?

Postby stoneseeker » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:29 pm

I wanna know too!
I've tried to locate Billabong a couple years back and failed. this cant be too far from that, or Wild America....?
~ Lukey
stoneseeker

Postby Fred » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:45 pm

Cool photo!
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby pulldown » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:04 am

There is quite a bit of climbing in that area. much of it is on the short side but still fun.

Walk the road that goes to polly's cove, take the trail that heads towards Joey ramone area. As you get close to the coast the trail will branch off, left for Joey are and right for Holliday, billabong, and Wild america. Take the trail that goes to the right. Walk about 400 ft and the trail will head down a hill through thick large spruce trees. Once you get through them you are at the climbing.
Google maps shows the area as "Polly's Cove" and "Polly's Cove Rock"

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Sorry for the shotty directions. Best i can do before coffee.

Todd
pulldown

Postby pulldown » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:10 am

pulldown

Postby jeremy benjamin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:14 am

Thanks Toddles,
Is there climbing on Polly's Cove Rock or is it just a land mark? From the map it looks like it might be a wet adventure getting onto the rock but it is hard to tell. It sounds from your pre-coffee directions that this area is between Joey Ramone and Holliday Wall. Is that accurate?
jeremy benjamin

Postby Eager » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:05 pm

Just thought I'd mention since we're on topic about bouldering in this area, that beyond Wild America in a little cove is Aftermath V10 a really cool problem put up by Ben Blakney back in 2003 after Hurricane Juan. It is located in this little cove. Just follow the coast from Billabong.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s ... 00283&z=19
Eager

Postby jeremy benjamin » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:11 pm

We checked this spot out yesterday. It is past Holliday wall for others looking to check it out. After following the path to the right that goes away from Joey Ramone area and towards Holliday Wall keep going past where you would go down to Holliday wall. The area in the picture is easily spotted from the ridge the path is on, and there is a path that descends to the area, or you can bush whack through the trees if you like. It was a great looking spot, would be a nice place to go for a night camping on the ocean. It makes for a good warm up area, the obvious lines on the wall in the picture are a little low-ball and on the easy side. There are more climbs in the area but we did not explore around too much.
jeremy benjamin

Return to Nova Scotia