Columbus Walls - Saturday

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Columbus Walls - Saturday

Postby Fred » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Are there any locals interested in giving some visitors the two cent tour of Columbus wall this Saturday? Cara and I are going to be in town for a wedding on Friday evening and plan to go to Columbus all day Saturday.

Hope to see some of you out there.

Fred
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Columbus Walls - Saturday

Postby Seb » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Hey Fred. It looks like a group of us are going to head to Columbus tomorrow around 10h00. You're welcome to join us.

Seb
Seb

Postby Fred » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:18 am

We had an awesome day at Columbus Wall. Thx Seb et al. for showing us around and putting us on all the classics. We climbed some awesome routes including: 1492, Andismo, PhD, Heavy Petter, and a few more I don't remember the names. They were all stellar. For me, this was one of the best climbing areas I've gone to in Nova Scotia with Sorrow's coming in second. I got totaly worked on PhD.. that thing is wicked hard to place gear AND climb hahaha.

FYI Andismo has a big crow's nest in the little ledge/alcove near the top. We managed to climb over and around it so it's still there. Awesome, awesome, awesome route!!
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby martha » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:43 am

The climbing at Columbus was awesome. I'm so out of shape for the thrash and bang of crack. Nice way to show me I'm getting a bit soft. Can't wait to get back next time we're in town. A MUST visit for trad addicts. :)

FYI, Heavy Petter was SWEET!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Seb » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:58 pm

Fred and Martha,

I'm glad you two had fun on Saturday. I had a great day too! Anytime you're in Halifax and want to get out for a climb let me know - I'm always psyched to get out. Next time I plan a trip to Welsford I'll be sure to let you guys know too.

Sincerely,
Seb
Seb

Return to Nova Scotia