HELP: new to climbing

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

HELP: new to climbing

Postby rachelfinley » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:41 am

Hey, I am an intern in Halifax and I have rock climbed indoors a few times and LOVED it. I don't have gear or know much about the sport! but im an athlete and im in great shape. I know i'd catch on quickly! can anyone help me?? maybe meet up somewhere and tell me about what i'd need etc. Im also thinking of joining ground zero and need a climbing partner! PLEASE help! i really really want to get involved!!!
rachelfinley

Re: HELP: new to climbing

Postby Scooter » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi Rachel,

Ground Zero is an excellent way to meet fellow climbers and find a climbing partner. You will find good folk there. GZ usually hosts the Monday Night Bouldering League Nights in the Fall/ Winter ... although I haven't heard too much about that yet. During the 1st or last Monday of every month GZ will set 30 - 45 new problems to work on and each is assigned a point value. It is a friendly atmosphere and more of a personal competition.

Feel free to email Climb Nova Scotia or visit their website http://www.climbnovascotia.ca for upcoming events. CNS hosts climbing events such as the up coming First Face clean and Climb, sociables, movie nights and more.

If you plan on heading to the gym or looking to get out I would post up here and let people know you are planning to climb. I usually post up here before I head out somewhere to get people interested.
Scott.R
Scooter

Return to Nova Scotia