G Spot topo

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Re: G Spot topo

Postby Matt Peck » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:11 pm

Heh, Not bolting the whole thing on lead, as that would be super difficult for this route. Only the lowest bolt went "free". Knew I kept that BD talon around for a reason.
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Postby Matt Peck » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Hey Sean, I got on Mr' T's today and have to say it's an awesome route, and props for the work. Im curious about the runout in the traverse though, as a fall from there would mean some pretty severe consequences. The crack and rail are both quiet good through that section, but the ledges are both quite spongy and unstable, and shifted quiet a bit when I stood on them. A fall from this point would lob you into the wooded ledge some 20+ feet below. Is it the plan to make this a mixed route? The crack would certainly take gear, but I wonder about slapping another bolt in below the traverse rail just to eliminate this one placement. I know Im calling the kettle black by talking about placing more bolts, but it just seems like that's the only spot on the route that needs gear and it's keeping an otherwise three star route from it's full potential. Just wondering on your/the community's thoughts.
Cheers.
Peck
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Postby seanT » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Thanks for the mad props Matt but really it was nothing other than 2 days of hanging in the rain, scrubbing, terra forming that ledge etc....and then bolting....ALL the credit should go to Sean Cassidy for the VISION....word!
you want more bolts you got more bolts i will add one..or you can... its all good hillbilly!
Sean
seanT

Postby chameleon » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:53 pm

You're welcome 8)
chameleon

Previous

Return to Nova Scotia