Biner left a@ GSpot

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Biner left a@ GSpot

Postby Scooter » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:34 am

I left a single Lucky Meteor Biner (yellow tape) on the sport line that starts up and right (the rap ledge)of Phat Tuesday. Please leave in the bolt as I am heading back Saturday.

peace out.
Scott.R
Scooter

Re: Biner left a@ GSpot

Postby seanT » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Man what happened to the good old days when booty was booty....now we have websites with pictures of our gear tape and threads asking politely to leave bail biners in place...sheesh.....20 years ago if you told someone you left a peice of gear on the rock people were lining up to get a crack at it. Hell half my rack was from abandoned gear. I spent 2 hours hanging in my harness once trying to wiggle some poor sods #2 cam out of this crack to no avail and i wasnt alone . The moment I gave up my buddy Marcus took over He used a tiny allen key to actually dismantle it still in the crack to get it out THAT deserves some props!! Speaking of abandoned gear..hello CASSINATOR you still got my quicksliver draws YO!
Lance T OUT!!!
seanT

Postby Scooter » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:34 am

this is 2010 baby the 50's are long gone!
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby Quinn » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:45 am

Back in my day we walked 5 miles to the crag, uphill both ways, with a futon strapped to our back...
Quinn

Postby chameleon » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:20 am

futons were for Puss
Ease.
yeah i got yer draws dood
(---yer not gonna let me live that one down will you?)
shall i put em back where I found them?
:)
chameleon

Postby Scooter » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:33 am

Gangsters
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby chameleon » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:36 am

Whipper-snappers.
chameleon

Postby pulldown » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:59 am

just do what i do to get booty gear. Go out and retrieve abandoned gear/booty. say you grabbed it before someone dishonest got to it. Then hide from previous owner until they forget about it. That's how i got Wilsies draw. Sorry Dave.
pulldown

Postby seanT » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:19 pm

Before the advent of modern crashpads we actually DID lug a futon pad wrapped in carpet with a webbing shoulder strap around for the highballs.... imagine carrying that thing into Pollys cove..we did it. and around the LOC as well.
WORD
seanT

Postby Danger » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:39 pm

Why'd you leave the biner there? is the biner damaged in any way? did you bail of the route?!

If some poor old soul unknowingly removed the bail biner, was about to post up to it's recovery, and came across this ramshackle of thread, should he return it?
I think I'll direct this question towards Cassinator, Foster and Therien. As the patriarchs of the NS climbing community, I will submit too there judgement alone.
Danger

Postby tintanium » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:38 pm

pulldown wrote:just do what i do to get booty gear. Go out and retrieve abandoned gear/booty. say you grabbed it before someone dishonest got to it. Then hide from previous owner until they forget about it. That's how i got Wilsies draw. Sorry Dave.

Hey Todd - no problem. I was just in Rumney over the weekend - you know, that climbing paradise in the land of readily accessible firearms. Luckily for me they believed my lie at the border about no guns. You - maybe not so lucky.
tintanium

Postby pulldown » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:08 am

Biner to be returned. Promptly!
pulldown

Return to Nova Scotia