CNS TopRope day Saturday Oct 23rd

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

CNS TopRope day Saturday Oct 23rd

Postby Scooter » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:39 pm

Come join us for a joyous day of top roping outside! This is a non-instructional event. Those who are attending feel free to share opinions/ knowledge but realize this is not a lesson provided by CNS.

CNS will help set up top ropes on many of the popular climbs at Sorrows End. If you wish to Trad climb/ Sport that is your decision and not the responsibility of CNS.

Roger and Andrea have dedicated their time to put this event on so much Kudos to those guys.

We will meet @ 10:00am at the old fish plant / sea sun kayak location on Terence Bay Rd. Climbing will end roughly around 4:00pm at which time we should all head to a place for some bevies and good meal. TBD.

Climbers of all skill levels welcome. Beginners are encouraged to attend! Great opportunity to experience climbing outdoors for the first time!

If you request any info please contact Roger Fage rogerfage@gmail.com.
Scott.R
Scooter

Re: CNS TopRope day Saturday Oct 23rd

Postby theatre_rat » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:53 am

My friend and I are still looking for a drive to this event if anyone has a couple extra seats. Willing to chip in for gas.
"Climbing may be hard, but it's easier than growing up."— Ed Sklar
theatre_rat

Postby patzer » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:38 pm

I think you're the same person who asked on the facebook page for the event? I may be able to get you a ride if you're still looking. Just two people, and how much gear?
patzer

Postby ht403685 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:21 am

Yes, we are. Just two people and the only gear we have is stuff that can easily fit on our laps. :)
ht403685

Postby theatre_rat » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:13 pm

yup It was my friend on FB, just the two of us and nothing we can't sit on our laps. feel free to email me at theatre_rat@live.com.
"Climbing may be hard, but it's easier than growing up."— Ed Sklar
theatre_rat

Postby mspeverill » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:38 pm

Hey folks,
Last attempt at finding a ride, if you have space or any leads on rides, email me at mspeverill@gmail.com
Thanks
Samantha
mspeverill

Postby Danger » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:03 pm

Hey Beautiful Climber People,
Good News: A group of volunteers are working hard too make this happen...weather machines have been built, and with correct re-tilting of the earths axis, tomorrow should be balmy
Bad News: As of now the weather forecast isn't ideal

If it's raining in the morning, the event is cancelled. We will go for beers early...
If it is anything but rain (hailstorms/snow count as rain) then the event is a go! Beer will be served in the evening...

Fingers crossed...see you in the morning
Roger
Danger

Return to Nova Scotia