The Assassination of Joey Ramone

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

The Assassination of Joey Ramone

Postby stoneseeker » Sun May 29, 2011 5:56 pm

For any of you who are bored of your projects or just looking for something different to try this summer...

Mike Kholer and I issue the following challenge to all you granite junkies!

Climb every problem written in the book for "Joey Ramone" area in one session!! We call it "Assassination of Joey Ramone"
So you gotta send:

"Beat on the Brat" V6
"Savannah Affair" V5
"Simon's Problem" V6
"Shena is a punk rocker" V3
"Chainsaw" V7/8
"SeaBreeze" V7
"Makes me wanna smell glue" V3

And then for more kicks after, go climb slabs on the sea cliffs hands-free. Seriously good times.

Pack up yer guns for this one!

If you flash each one, you will earn the title of "the Destroyer". And we will buy you beer. ......Mike will buy you beer.
~ Lukey
stoneseeker

Re: The Assassination of Joey Ramone

Postby betaburgler » Mon May 30, 2011 9:55 am

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!
Nathan Benjamin
betaburgler

Postby smilingrock » Mon May 30, 2011 9:16 pm

I've been meaning to register on the forum for the last couple of years, but I just never had the necessary push to make me do it. Until now. I'm not buying beer for the "Destroyers", but I will be very proud of you and will shake your hands when the flappers scab over. Thanks Luke.

Don't forget, to assassinate Joey Ramone properly, you have to top out Chainsaw and Seabreeze differently.
smilingrock

Postby betaburgler » Tue May 31, 2011 10:21 am

If I manage to flash all of those problems in one session I'm coming after you two for my beer...
I've never even gotten on Chainsaw or Seabreeze, and have yet to finish Beat on the Brat. I'll have earned that beer!
Nathan Benjamin
betaburgler

Postby betaburgler » Tue May 31, 2011 10:24 am

ALSO I will require that you refer to me as "the Destroyer" when in my presence if I can pull it off!
Nathan Benjamin
betaburgler

Postby stoneseeker » Tue May 31, 2011 1:04 pm

HAH!

My ploy to get Mike to join these forums and stop lurking was a success. I WILL buy a St.Ambroise Oatmeal Stout for whoever becomes a "Destroyer". You will need witnesses. :P

Rumor has it Chris flashed every problem except for "Beat on the Brat"! Close, but no cigar for the stout. Impressive regardless. Almost a "Destroyer", Rockmaster... we could call you a deadly assassin though. :D

Nathan, I would advise getting the pumpy chainsaw over with nearer to the beginning than the end!
~ Lukey
stoneseeker

Postby stoneseeker » Tue May 31, 2011 1:08 pm

Also, "Makes me want to smell glue" is a V2 in the book, not a V3. Although Mike made the top-out look like a V15 beach whale at the end of the day! :lol:

At the end of the summer I will try to post a list of the succesful assassins for kicks. So if you do it, let me know.
~ Lukey
stoneseeker

Postby smilingrock » Tue May 31, 2011 1:54 pm

It wasn't a V15 beach whale, I was just taking a no hands rest for 15 minutes. No hands rests are one of the classiest moves in any boulderer's repetoir.
smilingrock

Postby seanT » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:04 am

I remember doing the Fa of Beat on the Brat..... just before the send i blew off the top...flipped upside down... and flew over these 2 girls heads(newbies from Toronto i was given a tour to) I landed head first downhill in the bushes behind the problem and had to get them to pull me out by my ankles. It was totally off the hook. The looks on thier faces were priceless as they were pulling me up. And then when i got back on it again i thought they were going to flowers themselves. All in a days work!!!!
Sean aka Lance Thruster
seanT

Postby Scooter » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:37 am

Hey Buxton,

your avatar - is that a pic of you on the project (?) in musquodoboit? The one whe put logs under to build up the landing?
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby betaburgler » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:40 am

It's "A Stones Throw" in Musquodobit. Cool Problem. I want to get back out to that, and get on Delivery Boy!
Nathan Benjamin
betaburgler

Postby stoneseeker » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:05 pm

Nate's right. I finally got the second ascent on "A Stones Throw" about 3 weeks ago. Adam took that picture on a earlier session on it.
Personally, I think it is the best line in Gibralter. (even better than "Delivery Boy" and "Rise Higher"!)
I haven't gotten back to the "Yammy" project you guys were on since the bugs have started their invasion... I'm planning on working it in the fall, as well as a new secret project out there I am scrubbing! You and Stamp seemed pretty close to nailing it, so I imagine it will no longer be a project by this winter. Theres still Barbarian, and the Massy boulder project out there too.

Scoot, we've been getting out a ton, where you been climbing at??
~ Lukey
stoneseeker

Postby Scooter » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:39 am

I haven't been getting out as much as I would like. Mostly Gym. It looks like I will be spending a bit of time at Chebucto Head while the bugs are out - got some unfinished business there. I'll be trying to get to Dover every other weekend for Stone Slinger & Horizonatal Matter.
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby stoneseeker » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:30 am

Would your unfinished business happen to be "Finnished"?
Mike, Ryan and I are hoping to project that this summer....
~ Lukey
stoneseeker

Postby Scooter » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:36 am

No fynnished, although I'd like to work it with you guys if you get out there.

I have been on 4AM recently and think it will go after a couple more sessions.
Scott.R
Scooter

Return to Nova Scotia