Best climbing Gym in Halifax?

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Best climbing Gym in Halifax?

Postby Corniaud » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:20 am

Which gym would you recommend me for bouldering around Halifax?

Pete :)
Corniaud

Re: Best climbing Gym in Halifax?

Postby JasonM » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:36 am

Can't go wrong with Ground Zero in Dartmouth but you need transportation to get out to it. If your transportation is limited, you'll want to go to Dalplex at Dalhousie University.
JasonM

Postby stacyla » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:56 am

What can i do to prepare for gymnastics training? I am going to take gymnastics again (i've been in gymnastics before when i was really young) but i havent been taking lessons for a longggg time. So what are some things i need to do like maybe pushups, any tumbling stuff i need to work on? Or good stretches? (i'm quite flexible) Anything at all that i can do to make myself a better gymnast before the actual training lessons?
stacyla

Postby stoneseeker » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:13 am

stacyla wrote:What can i do to prepare for gymnastics training? I am going to take gymnastics again (i've been in gymnastics before when i was really young) but i havent been taking lessons for a longggg time. So what are some things i need to do like maybe pushups, any tumbling stuff i need to work on? Or good stretches? (i'm quite flexible) Anything at all that i can do to make myself a better gymnast before the actual training lessons?

ummmm... haha you do know your posting on a rock climbing website? Ground Zero isn't an ideal place for practicing tumbling...
Perhaps you'll find the info your looking for here? : http://www.gymns.ca
~ Lukey
stoneseeker

Postby Scooter » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:02 am

For bouldering, definitely Rock Court @ Dalplex (494-1935). It is quite small - but you'll get strong fast. No vertical, lots of angles.

Nothing against GZ - but if you are looking for pure bouldering - Rock Court.
Scott.R
Scooter

Return to Nova Scotia