buying shoes

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

buying shoes

Postby stoneseeker » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:32 am

Where can I buy a pair of 5.10 Blackwings (womens) and a pair of La Sportiva Pythons?? Obviously nowhere local carries them, but does anyone around here ever do bulk orders from a website or anything? If MEC doesn't carry it are we SOL?!

Maybe someone could recommend a Canadian online retailer of climbing shoes they have experience with? E-Bay doesn't even have them...
Kydd? Sean T? you guys have experience with orders from the manufacturers themselves??

mods, Please don't move this to gear yet, I am directing this at local Halifax climbers in case they want to go in on a order with us... thanks!
~ Lukey
stoneseeker

Re: buying shoes

Postby the kydd » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:35 pm

Luke,

I have ordered climbing shoes through the gym I work at on several occasions. Usually gyms get deals directly from manufacturers. However, buying for others might be in violation of their "pro deal". You'd have to ask Sean T about that.

Usually the prices are much better than buying from a retail outlet. If you really need those shoes, you can usually order directly from the manufacturer. However, you might have to pay duty on top of the cost of the shoes to get them over the boarder.

You could also try to order online through MEC if they're carried at other store locations.

Climb-On in Squamish carries a lot of shoes that MEC doesn't. Maybe you'll have to make another visit to Squamish? I'm pretty sure they would ship to you as well. I know the owner ships a lot of hardware to places like Australia etc, cause cams are way cheaper here.

Good luck!
the kydd

Postby boulderbird » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:05 pm

...and if that doesn't work out for you and you find the shoes at a price you like on a US website, you can always order them online and have them a friend who lives in the US and will be visiting NS around the end of July who would bring these shoes with them.
boulderbird

Postby boulderbird » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:07 pm

...er.... shipped to a friend, that should have said.
boulderbird

Return to Nova Scotia