Shoes at Sorrows End

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Shoes at Sorrows End

Postby Ryan_woods » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:50 pm

I got home today from climbing at Sorrows End, unpacking my gear and realized that my shoes were missing, since I live in bridgewater and work until 5 o'clock everyday its not quite as simple as just running back in and grabbing them (I wish it was) so if anyone was planning on making a trip into there in the next couple of days could you please do me a huge favor and pick them up, they're a pair of la sportiva miuras (velcro) and should be situated somewhere between "see of joy" and "all the rage"

your kindness may be rewarded with money or alcohol......
Ryan_woods

Re: Shoes at Sorrows End

Postby Ryan_woods » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:51 pm

Disregard...... I decided to take the afternoon off from work tomorow and go in to get them myself.
Ryan_woods

Postby the kydd » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:18 am

Hey Ryan.

Have you searched the south shore for any potential bouldering/cliffs? I'm originally from b'water, might be back over the holidays.

I've searched around a little, but not much. I didn't climb until I had already left NS.

If you know anything, would love a tour if I'm home at Christmas.

Jeff
the kydd

Postby Ryan_woods » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:43 pm

I have done some initial exploring but nothing too in depth, I know of some small boulders in Liverpool that could possibly have some good but short lines and also a few decent sized boulders within the Keji Seaside Adjunct that I've been wanting to go try out but i'm not sure about climbing inside a national park, I thought It might be frowned upon, maybe someone else knows more about this topic and could fill me in. I have pictures if you want to send me your e-mail.
Ryan_woods

Postby the kydd » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:34 pm

I'd love to see them. I was aware of some in keji. I think climbing there would be fine, provided the boulders are clean and you're not scraping moss and lichen off them. I know it's illegal to remove vegetation in N. parks. But, if they're clean I don't think there's anything unlawful about climbing on the rocks.

jkydd at hotmail dot com
the kydd

Postby Zamboni » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:12 am

I spoke to one of the locals a long time ago about boulders in that park, they said the boulders are big, the size of a house.
Zamboni

Postby stoneseeker » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:46 am

I remember seeing a photo of one of the boulders on Zigs blog a looong time ago, but all I could find on the internets was this dude standing between two behemoths in Keji.

Looks awesome. I imagine you would need a brush if the boulders are all in the forest, but honestly, most major climbing areas (especially in the states) are in National Parks. You would be fine to scrub some holds off. As long as it's kept low impact I cant see it being an issue.
Attachments
keji.jpg
whats the point of such a tiny photo??
~ Lukey
stoneseeker

Postby shoshonite » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 am

I may be mistaken but I do believe climbing in the Canadian National Parks is on the "Thou Shalt not do" list with certain exceptions made in some areas. With the amount of lichen on Nova Scotia boulders and the abundance of them out side the park there would likely be a lot of fuss made about napalming them to make them climbable. Of course you could develope them with out telling smiggle. :)

-Brad
shoshonite

Postby Scooter » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:39 am

I wouldn't touch em
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby Ryan_woods » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:25 am

The boulders at the seaside adjunct are pretty clean, there would be no need to "napalm" them, not sure if this makes any difference or not.
Ryan_woods

Return to Nova Scotia