Gear

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Gear

Postby Andrew09 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:56 am

I had a couple of questions about gear.

1) Where is the best place to get a bouldering pad, either new or used? (The only place I can think of is the MEC, don't know of any good online gear shops to use)
2) Where can I get climbing shoes resoled, if that's at all possible? I think I have seen the kits somewhere but I'm not sure how difficult it is to repair them myself.

Any help from the community would be appreciated.
Andrew09

Re: Gear

Postby Rich » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:24 am

1. TAO now carries Organic crash pads (see the lengthy discussion in previous post)
2. There's a guy on Quinpool who I've taken my shoes to a couple times to get re-soled - I was pretty impressed at his last job so would definately recommend him if you're looking to take them somewhere local. Think his store is called "Quinpool Shoe Repair" - its across from Subway.

cheers

rich
Rich

Re: Gear

Postby Andrew09 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:44 pm

I didn't even see that link.
I had a quick look and I only saw that they had one crash pad ($250) online hopefully they will have a few cheaper ones in store as well.

There is a guy by my work that does shoe repairs, I might go talk to him see if I can bring the resole kit to him and let him do it with his special shoe repair tools (their technical names :mrgreen: )
Andrew09

Return to Nova Scotia