CNS website log-in

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

CNS website log-in

Postby Fred » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:29 pm

how do we log in to the new CNS website features if we are CNS members?
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby tracstarr » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:43 pm

:) I was trying to get everyone added this week but work has me buzy. Tomorrow i'll make sure your account is setup fred and set you a PM. For other members, once all names are entered, your username will be first inital plus lastname. password will be your membership number (which you should have). this can be changed once you login. i'll post more when that's done though.

so fred, tomorrow.... make sure to remind me if i don't send you a PM by lunch.
tracstarr

Postby Fred » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:52 pm

sounds good!

I had started to put together a new routes form for this site but it will be nicer to separate regionaly. I'll probably just convert it a little to add it to the beta-source website.

I wanted to add a new boulder problem but I don't know if it's been done before. It's not in the guidebook and Zig couldn't recall if it's ever been done.

Incesticide V2 (Dover Island)
Start as for "Man of Action" but move out and right from under the roof directly over the water then continue up the thin crack to top. No room for pads because of the water so be sure of yourself.

cheers!
Fred
Site Admin

Postby dcentral » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:02 pm

tracstarr wrote: work has me buzy

Say it ain't soo. :D
dcentral

new sends???

Postby seanT » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:27 am

Sorry Fred Teth did that problem several years ago during the Summer Meltdown its called toxic avenger.....which leads me to a problem that has been ocuring lately...espeicially on Dover....supposed "new problems" that have allready been done..usually by me but sometimes by others ie Teth. With boulderfest coming up this weekend try and remember that myself and others have been sending on that island for like 2 years more than everyone else so most "new problems" have already been done. Hope everyone has a safe fun weekend and uses lots of sunscreen.
Sean
seanT

Postby mitchleblanc » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:32 am

There's a route in Bishop of the same name.
mitchleblanc

Postby Fred » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:37 am

arrrrgggg!

hehe thx for the info Sean. It was a nice line but I like my route name better. LOL

I'm going to rip the friking skin off my friking hands this weekend with laser beams and all that good stuff.

see ya'll there
Last edited by Fred on Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Fred » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:45 am

cool! the new login works but I'm gona have to send a new project now this weekend to get my name in your database.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby tracstarr » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:15 pm

maybe it'd be nice to have all these problems you've sent listed sean? so no one tries to steal your glory!
tracstarr

Postby Fred » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:26 am

I posted a new problem called "Solitary Confinement". I did this problem in 2002 when I first visited the Island for Boulderfest. It's a mini Orgasmotron found before you reach the warm-up area. The climb is not visible if you are walking by so you have to be looking for it. I'd be suprised if it was done before 2002 but it is possible. :?

After you skip over the small boulder field keep following the left sea wall. Found down and left just over the crashing waves. It's about 10ft high and it's a nice layback corner.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Scooter » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm

is this whole new route database working? if so how does one add a new one
Scooter

Re: new sends???

Postby mitchleblanc » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:06 pm

seanT wrote:Sorry Fred Teth did that problem several years ago during the Summer Meltdown its called toxic avenger.....which leads me to a problem that has been ocuring lately...espeicially on Dover....supposed "new problems" that have allready been done..usually by me but sometimes by others ie Teth. With boulderfest coming up this weekend try and remember that myself and others have been sending on that island for like 2 years more than everyone else so most "new problems" have already been done. Hope everyone has a safe fun weekend and uses lots of sunscreen.
Sean

Sorry this is an old post, but I only just read it carefully just now...

So funny: "which leads me to a problem that has been ocuring lately"

The problem isn't people submitting FA's for routes you've supposedly already done!! The problem is people claiming FA's without putting them in a guide or letting the rest of the climbers know!

This is also gut-wrenchingly hilarious: "Try and remember that myself and others have been sending... for like two years more than everyone else".

lol... I'm literally dying laughing...

No offense, I realize I'm semi taking it out of context (a tiny bit).. but damn man, that flowers is funny.

Seriously though without the documentation to prove it (and I'm not saying they're not documented, I'm just discussing), so called first ascents don't count for much! Someone who grades, submits a route and names it is gonna get the FA.
mitchleblanc

Postby The Teth » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:10 pm

A good point, and while I don’t much care about FA credit on Toxic Avenger (particularly due to a rummer that someone else had climbed it two weeks earlier), I would like to take credit for the FA in 2003 of Vanishing Point, the V5 slab by the campsite. It’s the best slab problem I have found in Nova Scotia. A true classic. Not in any guide books though. I suppose I should add it to the new routes database.

The Teth
The Teth

Postby kate » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:58 pm

hey mitch,
just to clarify--the climber who wrote the original unpublished version of the NS bouldering guide listed many problems that were not included in the recently released guide. the original information had been updated many times as well as circulated through various members of the climbing community before the recent publication. Sean T developped a low-fi guide to Dover for the Summer Meltdown a few years ago which also made its way through the community and was available to anyone interested in a copy. what more can one do?

these days, it seems that unless boulder problems and their FAs are posted on the internet, they are nul and void. :( often, when climbers post presumed FAs on this message board, they are curious to know whether their send was actually an FA. so, isn't an honest response what they are looking for?

personally, I don't really care. but I have heard similar stories of this type of thing happening in other areas--climbers "rediscovering" entire areas and putting up all the FAs, when in actual fact the area has longsince been discovered, enjoyed, and abandoned for something new! :roll:

happy climbing, people!
kate t :D
kate

Postby mitchleblanc » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:45 am

No, you're right, there's really nothing you can do.. the situation is worse here in sydney.. there are no guides for anything! it's all word of mouth and spray, basically, rumors and so on. It sucks! hte only difference here is that there isn't endless rock like on an ocean side crag, so the situation is less complicated.
mitchleblanc

Return to Nova Scotia