CNS Mobile Beta

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

CNS Mobile Beta

Postby mick » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:06 am

Here's hoping everyone is having a healthy and happy holiday season. :D

Check out climbnovascotia.ca for a special gift from Santa to all the good little climbers (don't worry, bad climbers can use it too).

CNS MOBILE BETA free online guidebook officially launches today! CNSmobeta.ca features over 150 climbs with GPS directions, photos, grades and descriptions, and a short video showing problem beta just in case you can't crack it.

This project would not have been possible without many many hours of work on the part of Dr. Quinn so give him a pat on the back (and maybe something caffeinated) next time you see him. See directions on www.cnsmobeta.ca for how you can contribute to this great community guidebook!
mick

Re: CNS Mobile Beta

Postby chameleon » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:18 am

Nice work guys. Such an awesome tool!

Thanks!

S

p.s. Is there an overview map? I see the links to GPS maps from each area but couldn't find an overview. (just wondering.......i know it's a work in progress)
chameleon

Postby seanT » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:06 pm

nice comment Chameleon..but remember it takes one to know one... hehehehehe
seanT

Postby Quinn » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:39 pm

I made an overview map for interest sake, but didn't include it on the site because I wasn't sure how it would be useful from a cellphone. It was nice on a PC to show relative positions of areas. Perhaps it would be useful if I put links to each guidebook page from the points on the map to help plan out a session.
Quinn

Postby pulldown » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:20 am

Why not a personalized Google map?

http://www.google.com/mobile/maps/

http://support.google.com/maps/bin/answ ... 7ndc0nn3q4

Not being critical but a map would be great. :)

Todd
pulldown

Postby Quinn » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:53 am

All of the GPS maps for individual areas already are personalized google "My Maps". Making an overview map would be a simple matter of importing the 30 or so individual maps into one. It sounds like people like this idea, so I'll add it to the todo list. Alternatively, I'll add anyone interested as a contributor and it'll happen sooner even...... Beuler..... Beuler...... :D
Quinn

Postby shoshonite » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:17 am

Well color me interested, and sign me up Mr. Quinn, I want to be an awesome tool too!
shoshonite

Postby *Chris* » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:26 am

Props to the developers/contributors. Great tool. Well done.
*Chris*

Postby shoshonite » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:03 pm

Here is a compilation of all the little maps on CNSmobeta, and few other climbing areas I know of, I have a lot of info for the Valley from Andrew Nette and will get it added when I can, I have also cleaned up a few of the maps and started standardizing the look of locations and tracks.

Follow the link to a google map, it is not editable but it will stay up to date as I get things cleaned up and added to the map.
If you open the file with google earth you will see everything on the map, but if you open it with google maps you will have to page through locations to see everything and it kinda looks like crap compared to google earth.

Follow the link and click the little wavey symbol by the map title to get a file to open in google earth

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208 ... 5,4.916382
shoshonite

Return to Nova Scotia