new trad at G-Spot

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

new trad at G-Spot

Postby JamieS » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:01 am

hey y'all -

New bit of trad at G-spot. No sure if it's a variation or a new route... I'll leave that for someone else to figure out. This adds a lovely 25' crack climb to the trad options at G-spot.

Tradavore, 5.9, T, PG / G: climb the slabby first bit of Mr. T's Wild Ride, then straight up into the overhead crack (25 feet), then finish on last bit of Flakin' the Tard. FA - Jamie Simpson and Matt Walker, March 18, 2012.

Whole thing, bottom to top, can be done on gear = PG. Or use the odd bolt in the slabby section = G. (hint, sling a shrub on the slabby section)

Also -- for you trad climbers out there, a number of the sport routes at G-Spot are also great trad lines -- there's more trad options than you might guess -- bring the trad rack, plugg some gear and skip a few bolts! :D

Jamie
JamieS

Re: new trad at G-Spot

Postby Rich » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Awesome line - got on this today. Good exposure, wicked finger locks ...one of the best at teh G-spot in IMO. Definately don't need the bolts, although the slinged shrubbery at the bottom is iffy.

r
Rich

Postby seanT » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:43 am

Cool I always thought that line looked good. Its nice to know that the 3 days(2 in the rain) of scrubbing and prep work on Mr Ts Wild Ride were not in vain.....not to mention the 3 days(1 in the rain) on Flakin on the Tard. Bolts.....Trad its allllll good at the GSpot! BTW if you have not yet done Slice and Dice YOU should I may be biased but I think its one of the best trad lines around.
SeanT
seanT

Postby Rich » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:20 am

Yesh, looks fun - have meant to get on it but haven't been there when the bottoms dried out yet...
Rich

Postby mick » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:46 am

Slice and Dice is a great line. The bottom is almost always wet, but there's no gear down there anyway so dont' worry about it.
mick

Postby JamieS » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:47 am

hey there -

Glad you liked the climb Rich. And yeah - Sean - Mr. T's is one of my favourite lines for sure -- and a hell of a lot of work cleaning it! :)

Rich - my standards for slinging sketchy shrubbery declined significantly since Gapse (shudder).

Also got on Belly Button the other day -- really sweet line - loved it. And Industrial Sport too - grovel grovel! Climbed the top part of slice and dice - very nice.

Mick - do you have the drill? I was scoping out a new sport line that I'd like to bolt.

cheers! Jamie
JamieS

Postby pulldown » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:19 am

Jamie, i've been holding onto the drill at my place.

When do you need it? I'm going to need it again on Tuesday or Wednesday.

you can send me message on facebook to set up a time to pick it up.

Todd
pulldown

Return to Nova Scotia