pawtuckaways

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

pawtuckaways

Postby tracstarr » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:37 pm

well, after rain all yesterday we went for a walk and looked for all the spectacular bouldering to be had. There was a good concentration for rocks, but all very wet. Managed to get on a cool roof along the trai lthat was dry. Today was much better, hot (33C) and mostly dry. Found a different area and got a few sends in. Problem was all my fingers had the pealies and in no time there was nothing left. Got a few sends on easy stuff and broke off a hold while crimpin on it. oops. Ran into a bunch of people who showed us around. In the end, it wasn't nearly what I expected. I mean yes, there was a good bunch of bouldering, but not as much as I thought, and not a lot of stuff over 5s and 6s. We didn't have a book, but borrowed one form someone there. We didn't take the super long hike around to see more. Access is definatly by 4x4 or truck unless you want a looooooooooooong hike. good thing I had AWD jeep :) We are definatly spoiled in NS with so much stuff so easy to get to and such high concentrations of easy and hard. Hoping to maybe get to rumney next weekend, but it's 5 hours from here. we'll see. probably not though. Anyway, that's my current climbing update.
tracstarr

Postby dpg » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:19 pm

Think Rumney is about an hour from Pway?
Enjoy
dpg

Postby Fred » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:18 am

Rumney is near the town of Plymouth if you are looking at a map. Definitely go there if you want to sport climb. Some sweet overhanging routes. And bring your pad too because there is bouldering.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby jnnfr » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:39 am

Say Hi to Chloe for me Keith!!!
jnnfr

Return to Nova Scotia