car break in

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

car break in

Postby jeremy benjamin » Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 pm

Just got home from climbing at Chebucto Head and noticed that the bag that I take to and from work every day is missing from the back seat of my car. I half-ass hid it under a hoody. the car was parked just outside the gate for about three hours, 6:30 - 9:30. I cannot be sure I locked it, but I usually do. If it was locked I don't know how they got in. No sign of forced entry. I know they opened the passenger door though because it was not used by me while I was there and had bushes stuck in it when I was checking the car over at home.

Any way. Thought I would share with the community. The bag seems to be the only thing missing and the inside of the car was strangely not ransacked. Nothing else was really out of place. The bag looks like it may contain a lap top, and sometimes does, but there was not much of value in it tonight. It did contain my jeans and belt which will be missed, and a phone charger, luckily not much else, I think. It is a grey one strap Burton shoulder bag. If anyone is out that way and happens to see it ditched in the bushes I would love to get it back.
jeremy benjamin

Re: car break in

Postby Joey » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:15 am

I know if my car is locked and I hit the unlock button on my key chain my lights flash. If the car is already unlocked nothing happens, no lights flash. You were parked behind me and I recall your lights flashing.

I just checked my car and nothing is missing.
Joey

Return to Nova Scotia