Trying to find Nick Sagar

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Trying to find Nick Sagar

Postby misfits » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:38 pm

Hey everyone:

I am trying to reach Nick and Heather Sagar. Both e-mails I have aren't working. If any of you happen to know them can you pass on my e-mail, jjmitges@mountaincable.net.

We are thinking about coming out that way from Ontario. Never been bouldering in Nova Scotia before but when I saw Nick in Squamish he mentioned how good the season has been and how great the bouldering is.

How has the weather been there? We are considering coming from August 15th-26th. Any suggestions would be great. Hopefully it would be cooler there than here. We are having an insane heat wave here. Makes the limestone feel like a bar of soap.

Thank for all the help.

Cheers,

Jany
misfits

Postby Fred » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:54 pm

click on the links button above and you'll find a link to their website

NHClimb under Nova Scotia links
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Zamboni » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:55 pm

In my opinion, the weather has been sh@ here. The weather network just can't get it right. We've been getting alot of rain, but does make for colder temps ( round 20 ). As fare as climbing suggestions hit http://ns.bouldering.ca/ for more info.. If you make halifax your home base for a week or so, pick up some guides from MEC, The Trail Shop, or any of the climbing gyms to do a solo mission, or post here for some partners. Good luck, see you in august.

Conan.
Zamboni

Postby jeremy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:36 pm

lets hope the weather network is right for this weekend 8)
jeremy

Postby misfits » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:50 pm

Howdy:

Man you guys are quick. Thanks for the info. Is it normally rainy in August. I'm not super psyched to go to another place and have it rain for most of the trip. I just spent the month of June in Squamish and the first two weeks it pretty much rained. The last two weeks were 50/50. Needless to say, climbing was limited.

Yeh, I think the weather network really bites. I spent more time looking at environment canada since it would tell me in Vancouver that it was beautiful and sunny in Squamish, I'd get there and it was pouring rain and had been for the whole time. I guess they didn't look outside to check.

We'll we'd be psyched to meet some of you folks if we make it out. Just look for two of the oldest boulderers and it will probably be us.

Cheers,

Jany
misfits

Postby martha » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:26 pm

Well, Halifax is in the Maritimes. So the weather is just whatever it is. you might get up and have it hot and sunny, and by lunch time it is pouring rain.

We are all hoping for a warm dry august considering July has been this crappy.

Cara
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby dcentral » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:03 pm

It's been so crappy in Victoria this summer. I want last summer back.
dcentral

Postby dquinn » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:28 pm

If my memory serves me well then I remember last august being great. We are due for some nice weather; the rainy season has to end eventually.
dquinn

Return to Nova Scotia