Gibralter Bouldering Guide 2.0 ...Jessie's coming soon.

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Gibralter Bouldering Guide 2.0 ...Jessie's coming soon.

Postby stoneseeker » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:07 pm

Hey everyone,

Gibralter Bouldering Guide has finally been heavily updated. More climbs, less projects, revised grades, and easier to read!

You can download it in 2 parts right now on CNS Mobeta, in the library section. (Thanks to Quinn)

Check it out, and thanks for all your feedback and help getting the grades nailed down.

One of the nicest additions was the project on the Lost Stone bouler. Adam Benjamin snagged the first ascent last fall, and it is one of the nicest lines out there IMO. It's called "A Stones Throw" and has some really unique original movement, including a mandatory kneebar. Definitely my personal favorite climb in Musquodobit. ---Also, Ben Blakeney put down the previously named "Yammy" project that Eager and Zig had discovered, naming it "Grand Theft". There's still a few more projects in the guide awaiting sends though!

Jessie's Diner guide is almost finished, and we'll hopefully have it up in the next couple weeks. Jessie's is also along the rail trail, but closer to Gspot and Admiral Lake. It's home to a lot of nice lines discovered and scrubbed mostly by Rich Lapaix and a handful of others.

see ya around the rocks, you junkies.
~ Lukey
stoneseeker

Re: Gibralter Bouldering Guide 2.0 ...Jessie's coming soon.

Postby Quinn » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:25 pm

Thanks Luke for your hard work developing this area, guidebook, and contributing your content for inclusion on Mobeta. The guidebook looks great, and is now available in one part for convience. Glad we can preserve this excellent area for future days and climbers. Hopefully we can get out soon to shoot video and GPS for this area.
Quinn

Postby stoneseeker » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Thanks Dude.

Well, let me return the thanks right back at ya for all the hard work you've put in the last year! Your definitely making bouldering here more accessible and information more organized, which is very much appreciated by the community.

When you do decide to head out to Gibralter to grab some footage, let me know.. I'd be glad to tag along and show you some of the lesser climbed gems.
Also, I do have videos of some stuff I could dig up/post, including Chris's first ascent of "Rise Higher" (a really nice highball that was a project in the old guide) as well as my first ascent of "Unearthed". I would like to get video of someone repeating "Stones Throw" too, to get people pumped to go give it some lovin', Adam and I are the only ones who have climbed it, and it's way too cool to be ignored for any longer!

I think its getting pretty buggy there now though, as it doesn't get much wind.
~ Lukey
stoneseeker

Postby Corniaud » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:58 pm

Why not add this site to the Thursday Night Bouldering schedule?
Corniaud

Postby Brayzer » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:16 pm

It's already on there...Jessie's/Gibralter in August...just hasn't been updated online yet.

Heather
Brayzer

Postby Corniaud » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Excellent, thanks Heather!

Don't forget to update it online or at least give us the exact date so people from Dartmouth don't drive all the way to the rotary for nothing... :wink:
Corniaud

Return to Nova Scotia