Misfits coming to Halifax

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Misfits coming to Halifax

Postby misfits » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:03 pm

Hey ya'll:

You don't know us yet but you'll run into us soon. We just booked our flight and will be in Halifax from August 15-25th. Let's hope the weather is sunny. Looking forward to hitting as many bouldering areas as we can. If you wanna post suggestions for locations and/or boulder problems from V0-V9, feel free to post. We're psyched to hit anything as long as it is high quality. We're working on building our skin up so we'll have atleast a few days worth.

Can't wait. I love bouldering!!!

See ya'll soon.

JJ
misfits

Postby granite_grrl » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:21 pm

You'll find quality bouldering everywhere! Gather the sugestions from this board, but you may also want to pick up the bouldering guide book for NS (it was at MEC last time I checked). Dover Island is a treat just due to the shear quantity of bouldering there, but there are tons of great areas.

If you want to hop on any routes while you're there I can lend you guys that guide book for the area (the one by Sean Cassidy).

Rebecca
granite_grrl

Postby Nate » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:45 pm

When you think about it, there really aren't any areas NOT worth going to are there? Except some really buggy areas you really can't go wrong. I'd suggest Polly's Cove though...all kinds of hard and easy problems, no bugs usually, great view.
Have fun,
Nate
Nate

Postby Fred » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:57 pm

Eagles Nest is NOT worth going to.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Nate » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:55 am

Well bouldering areas I meant...but, if eagles nest was re-bolted..(hint hint CNS) I don't think it would be that bad...Gully Wall, Guillitin(sp?), Evening Wall, and Evening Wall Direct would all be great routes if I wasn't scared the bolts were going to pull on me.
Nate
Nate

Return to Nova Scotia