valley bouldering

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

valley bouldering

Postby tgsimon » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:07 pm

hey I was looking for someone to go boulder with in the black river bouldering areas. better if youve been there before and can show me :)
and anyone have jen wrights contact? she seems to be someone to ask for places to climb in the valley
cheers

tim
tgsimon

Re: valley bouldering

Postby joelh » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:29 pm

Hey, I'm pretty busy and recovering from a major back injury, but I've got a personal guide book to bouldering and climbing in the Annapolis Valley. I could point you in the right direction depending on what your looking from. Undeveloped boulders across the south mtn. dome to trad climbing on Bay of Fundy basalt. Love to get out some more. Fridays are best for me (no work, no kids...). Jen boulders hard when she's around, Nette loves roped climbing when he's around, Derrick has some great bouldering down towards Annapolis Royal and Phill (our heart the last couple of years)...i'm afraid we've lost him for the time being.

We are few...
Joel
joelh

Postby tgsimon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:18 pm

hi! i was beginning to think nobody checks this board. yeah I would love to get bouldering in the valley. I left my ropes at home in quebec. the bouldering is s good here i didnt bother. if you have a guide or can hook me up with contact of people who know spots for bouldering that would be great. I saw some sweet looking climbs on cnsmobeta.ca but dont have a smartphone, so I basically spent a while wandering around black river lake area. only found hamburger hill. would love to check out triple entendre and that humongous house boulder. and anything else youd suggest!
cheers and speedy recovery!
Tim
tgsimon

Postby Willem » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:50 am

Hey,

I'm in Middleton, but definitely interested in this as well. I have a car. Send me a message and lets work something out!
Willem

Postby joelh » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:31 pm

Ended up redoing one of my floor this weekend due to a rodent problem and a sick kid. I was hoping to get out Fri and Sat but no go. If the weather is nice i'd like to get out next Friday (18th), i'll post if i'm going.

There are tons of developed bouldering areas out there, but mostly lower end problems (under V3) and even more undeveloped (and i'm guessing undiscovered too)...

Keep checking in.

Cheers,
Joel
joelh

Postby joelh » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:38 pm

Showers are looking imminent for tomorrow, so likely no bouldering. I'll keep posting the next time I plan on making it happen. Fridays are looking like the likeliest of days. I may get some folks up to my indoor wall as the weather gets nasty. I'll let you know. Check back. Also check the Acadia Climbing Club Facebook Group.

Joel
joelh

Return to Nova Scotia