dover island vid

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

dover island vid

Postby Scooter » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:00 pm

was on no-rope earlier this morning checking out some vids. on there was a vid titled 'dover island' so i checked it out. turns out that there were some americans camping out on dover for about a week or so, i met a few when i was out there last week. a few people from urban climber? made a real kick ass video of some awesome sends of the islands classic problems such as behave, the bear, bulldog. it sweet! looks like nova scotia is really getting put on the map and getting some recognition. you can reach it from here: http://www.norope.com/guestvid.htm
Scooter

Postby Scooter » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:18 pm

turns out im a little behind the times and this video is about a year old. i did meet some americans on dover and they were in the vid but they were just visiting again. way to burst my bubble keith
Scooter

Postby tracstarr » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:21 pm

pop
tracstarr

Postby The Mitt » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:49 pm

Not that I want to trash anyone here but "nova scotia is really getting put on the map and getting some recognition" Why is that so important? Why is it important to make NS a bouldering mecca? Why do we need to get Nova Scotia recognition? I see that the more notice that any area gets the more problems it has (and not boulder problems). Anyone wanna line up to do problems? or have a land owner close down an area because of human waste, or just plane waste? I don't get it.

Once again this is not ment to trash anyone just an ongoing observation. Maybe someone can explain how exposure is good?

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby dcentral » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:30 pm

For an internet videos, why is there such a need to make this long boring intros. Especially if you don't know how to properly compress the video. If it's taking me 15 min to download the video on high speed. I really don't want to watch a minute of intro.

People in BC hardley know anything about climbing in NS. Unless they've had someone from out here tell them about how great it is. I don't think NS is really getting overexposed at the moment.

But I understand your point. People as a whole really do suck.
dcentral

Postby Scooter » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:52 pm

i for one think its good having really good sick climbers want to come to my home town to check out our bouldering. w/e. no need to get all serious i was just stoked to see a vid. why does everyone get so excited when theres an article in climbing or urban climber magazine? its exciting man.
Scooter

Postby Zamboni » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:59 pm

lol,

"stoked"

lol

Scott you suck! :wink:
Zamboni

Return to Nova Scotia