Mulgrave Lake Knoll

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Mulgrave Lake Knoll

Postby benlalonde » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:24 am

Explored an area about 20 km north of Sheet Harbour. Spotted 2 areas with multi tier cliffs on the North side of Mulgrave Lake. Rock is of similar type as in Musquodoboit. There is a 20km dirt road to get there and then it's a 800m bushwalk or so. I've described it in more details here; http://www.trailpeak.com/?cat=hike&con=trail&val=11662 and a short utube video here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjLYzDb ... oXTtD9cjCg.

Cheers

Ben
benlalonde

Re: Mulgrave Lake Knoll

Postby mick » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:48 pm

Thanks for the trip report. Definitely looks like a remote crag but hard to tell if there is anything quality there. Two of your photos appear to show steep, tall cliffs... how many lines do you think are there? How tall are they in meters? Are there cracks for natural protection or would it need bolts? How dirty is the rock? How solid is the rock?

More details appreciated.
mick

Postby benlalonde » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:14 pm

Hey Mick

One of the thing about this place is that part of the cliffs are kind of tiered so it's hard to see what's above...also from the top there is a lot of brush so I couldn't get right to the edge and spot what was below.

There are a few cracks but I think it will be mostly bolts. The rock facing the lake is good and clear, to the side of the knoll is more routes but those have a cover of lichen.

The rock is solid...there is no scree at the bottom juste some super large blocks that have detached over time.

As for height, the knoll close to the lake it's about 25m while the hill more towards the back and closer to the road is about 15m

cheers

B
benlalonde

Postby seanT » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:46 am

Did someone say "bolts?" muhahahahahahaha
seanT

Return to Nova Scotia