Traveling to Nova Scotia - want to climb!

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Traveling to Nova Scotia - want to climb!

Postby Chilkoot » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:41 pm

Hi all - hopefully this isn't a common repost.

I'm traveling home to Nova Scotia for a visit and will have my son with me, who is a very avid climber and would like to hit some outdoor/indoor venues for bouldering and lead climbing.

Some quick questions:

• We'll be staying in Pictou County (New Glasgow area). Is there anything indoor or outdoor in that area? We hit the indoor wall in Truro last year, and were a bit let down at the size of the facility.
  • Dover: Son's really amped to go there as some of the guys at his gym have been and had great things to say. Does the boat still run from the B&B as noted in another (old) post here? We'll be in town the week just before the comp there... will it still be 'open' or blocked off in preparation for the competition? Is there an organizer I can call to ask this kind of question?
  • Are there any decent indoor gyms in Halifax with good bouldering or lead climbing? You can never really tell from pictures what a place offers. I don't mind driving a few hours to take him climbing, but would like to know ahead of time that it's going to be worth the trip.
Thanks very much for any leads (haha) on good places to try!
Chilkoot

Re: Traveling to Nova Scotia - want to climb!

Postby seanT » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:23 pm

Dover should be fine and yes boat still leaves from the B&B.
Ground Zero has it all going on TR, Bouldering, Lead(contact me thru the GZ website to arrange that)
I am a little biased though...
Sean
seanT

Re: Traveling to Nova Scotia - want to climb!

Postby Chilkoot » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:09 pm

Thanks Sean - we're aiming to hit Dover Island on Tuesday, and then will probably see you at Ground Zero on Thurs or Fri. I'll check your website for the waiver, or we'll just fill 'er in when we get there.
Chilkoot

Return to Nova Scotia