Good bye to you all for a year!

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Good bye to you all for a year!

Postby johnthegreat » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:33 pm

Good bye everyone im heading to calgary for a year tommorow and thought it was good to say good bye!Mind you im still gonna post here with you guys. Im going to live the mountain life out there and get some sending in anyway i'll see you when i come home here on my vaction time and i'll be back for good hopefully for boulderfest!
Anyway sendon dudes
John Bransfield
Climbinb WILL ruin your life!!! :)
johnthegreat

Postby seanT » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:39 pm

See ya little dude. Keep shreddin!! Enjoy the mountain life, see you when you get back.
Cheers Sean & Kate :D
seanT

Postby ChrisA » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:33 am

hey John, looks like ill be out to Calgary the 1st week of October. you'll have to show me around the Gyms. I heard there was a large, new gym opened up in the South somewhere, 3stories worth, keep an eye out for it and keep me posted. have fun out there little dude
ChrisA

Postby johnthegreat » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:06 pm

Thanks guys! Im having a blast out here got out yesterday to a face in kananaskis! Anyway Chris man my number out here is 403-999-5938 give me a call man when you get out here!

Sendon dudes!
John
johnthegreat

Postby mathieu » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:18 pm

Where was that face in Kananaskis? I'm in Calgary, well my mail gets sent there, I work on the road and climb on my days off so i'm really not in town much. There is lots out here for all types of climbing. Have fun and play safe
mathieu

Postby johnthegreat » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:41 pm

The face is across from a lake that starts with a b? Its a 20 min hike up a scree and there is a couple of 5.10/11's.
Sendon dudes!
John
johnthegreat

Barrier?

Postby richflynn » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:10 am

Sounds like Barrier Mtn. Two pitches that should not be missed are Rainbow Bridge, 10b (sport w a bit of gear) and The Flake, 11a (some gear). Do each route as one long (40m) line from the ground.
richflynn

Postby johnthegreat » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:47 am

Yeah thats it barier mountain! We didn't get to do the multipitch because it was this day camp thing :( . But im stoked to go back there and try one of the easier multi's.
anyway sendon dudes
John
johnthegreat

Postby mathieu » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:37 pm

For a pleasant, iffy weather climb try morningside which is on Mcgillveray slabs located on the TCH. Its easy and all bolted, and 4 pitches. I think the topo is on TABVAR.org. I would hardly say that Barrier has a few 10's and 11's, there i more climbs there than the whole of NS. Its got its own guidebook. Nice views from there.
mathieu

Postby johnthegreat » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:04 pm

LOL well I guesse there is alot more climbs there its just the face I was at had these certan climbs which I was speaking of.
ttyl lads
John
johnthegreat

Postby johnthegreat » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:41 pm

Mathieu what gym in calgary do you climb out of? I think im going to start climbing a calgary climbing center. We should get out sometime I need a new partner to climb with.
TTYL
John
johnthegreat

Postby mathieu » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:58 pm

I live close to the Stronghold but also climb at the CCC. The CCC has Alpine Club Nigtht so if your a member its 5$ cheaper on wednesday. I would recommend joining the ALpine club they have outings on weeknights during summer and weekend trips year round. Lots of good people with tons of experience and most trip leaders are amazing :wink: . Its a great opportunity if you want to learn to bring your skills to the mountains.

I live in Calgary but work out of town. I'm back in town on the 9th but have important business to take care off. What's your schedule are you in school or a 9-5 worker?
mathieu

Postby johnthegreat » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:03 pm

lol yeah im in school from 8 to 2 i think but thanks for the advice about the alpine club i'll defenatly be looking into it! what is there contact info? well ttyl man
John
johnthegreat

Return to Nova Scotia