Cape Clear Trip Report and unanswered question

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Cape Clear Trip Report and unanswered question

Postby john » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:20 pm

This is also in another link but if you are like me and don't want to navigate the old one I placed it here for easy access so it is not lost in the old info. I do this partly so more people read it to see if anyone can tell me the bolted routes name on Wave Wall and also info on the purple sling on the East Face of Wave Wall. Thanks I am going to try and keep some documentation on the area.

The report may be found here:

http://www.beta-source.com/beta/CapeClear/CapeClear.htm
john

Postby chameleon » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:13 am

Nice work John. I've looked at that first crack line a couple of times from afar...glad to hear it's an accessible grade - too bad about the growth!

I don't know anything about the purple sling. The bolted line on the Wave Wall is a Sean Therien creation that I climbed with him last fall. Can't remember the name. I would agree with a 5.9+ grade..maybe even a 10a grade for a somewhat stretchy move on the first pitch.

I was also suprised to learn of Cory and Tom's line. Do you have any more details on it (grade, bolts, length, etc.?)

Sean C.
chameleon

Postby john » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:35 am

Thanks, not sure what tom named it I am looking into it, there are no bolts the grade looks about the same as ours beside it roughly 5.8-9 and the length is probally around 110-130ft but the rappel is the same so one rope can be used.
john

Postby Fred » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:01 pm

http://www.beta-source.com/images/Temp/june.jpg

based on this photo from Cory's site there is tons of rock below the roofs section. Wow! And that left part of Wave Wall looks way steeper from that angle.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Fred » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:53 pm

John,

If you haven't done so already you should go log your new routes info on the new CNS database. Check it out on their new website. Looking forward to seeing this place in person.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Return to Nova Scotia