CNS new route database

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

CNS new route database

Postby john » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:04 am

I have a question and comment about the online new route database, it appears to me that you need to be a CNS member to add routes to the database, is this true? If so why? Is it to encouage all people to join the CNS or is there some other consideration? Pending an answer I will assume that I attempted correctly to access this feature and am not allowed to add routes, since I am not a member. I don't mind that, since I had intended to get a membership anyway. My only contention with this decision is: that not all climbers potentially doing new routes/problems have a need or want for a membership especially those in towe only a short while. These climbers, if they did want to registar there routes, would be doing the Nova Scotia climbing community a service by registaring their routes for accurate and historical documentation, however, the need for a membership may discourage them in providing information. If I have understood this correctly, I apploigize in advance if not, and I assume that everyone wants accurate and accessible new route information I would suggest opening this feature to the general climbing community for the sake of complete and accurate documentation.
Again, I apploigaize if I have misunderstood. This feature looks very interesting, I would just like to see its usefulness maximized.

Thanks,

John Bowles
john

Postby john » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:09 am

I think now after looking harder mabey I do have access to add, but not to the ticklist, yet I still can't add a route could this be the way i am doing it, or a computer problem, any suggestions.

thanks

john
john

Return to Nova Scotia