Climbing @ Acadia University

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Climbing @ Acadia University

Postby jhousser » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:24 pm

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let anyone interested about some developments in the Acadia Climbing community.

Recently I was talking to a few friends here who climb, and we wanted to see who else was at Acadia that climbed. So we set up a table at our fall club fair, and in 1.5 hours had about 100 people sign our list and talk to us about what we were doing.

We are working on creating a network of climbers at Acadia, and a forum like this as a resource.

We are just getting things set up, but have a cool message board at:
http://acadiaclimbing.irisnetwork.ca/

We have also heard rumours that the University is planning to build a climbing wall/tower here, which is quite exciting.

Lots of stuff is starting to happen here this year!

John
jhousser

Postby martha » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:00 am

If you guys need help with getting your wall under way etc let us know at UNB cause we've been doing this gig for a while.

Best of luck with everything!!

cara
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby jhousser » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:04 am

Thanks for the offer, that's wicked. I did actually just send an e-mail to your club address, and got a reply from John Bowles, who volunteered some help and resources. I will let you know how things go!

John
jhousser

Postby martha » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:49 pm

good, John is the man. He is really really really the MAN!! I got a few of those emails from other universities when I was pres. There are a few other Schools in Atlantic fighting to get a wall put up too. So again, best of luck!! Hopefully things will progress quickly!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby jhousser » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:51 pm

I just talked to John this morning, he had a lot of good advice, and some great ideas. I am actually considering coming up this weekend for the outdoor course, which would be awesome!

We are working hard here, and will let you know what happens!

John
jhousser

Return to Nova Scotia