Is bigger really better.

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Is bigger really better.

Postby ChrisA » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:51 am

Well, im leaving Halifax for Calgary today, and the thought has just crossed my mind... when people say they are onto bigger and better things, is bigger always better??

After climbing in NS for the last 2 years, i feel that its not.

I will miss the small groups of local climbers, the small gyms, and the small, concentrated areas of boulders and trad climbs.

Im stoked to see what the Rockies has to offer for bouldering and trad climbs, but I will never forget where I started, and the awesome people who pushed me along the way.

The folks at BG, MEC and all the cool kats I met at Gyms or out in the bush, you help to make NS a climbing destination. Its no wonder we are being showcased in so many magazines lately.

Keep on Pushin and Pullin, and Ill see you for Boulderfest 06
-Chris
ChrisA

Postby Zamboni » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:02 am

flowers chris, never even new you left.. Good luck man, see you next year..
Zamboni

Postby johnthegreat » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:34 pm

Word to that brotha I certainly miss the small groups of boulders and and especial the people a BG who really made me feel welcome and help me become a better climber. Anyway chris when you get some time give me a call i'll show you around the gym im climbing!
My number is 403-999-5938 give me a call when you get settled in man i'll show you a couple of my new discovered crags up in Kananasiks country!
Peace
John
Climbinb WILL ruin your life!!! :)
johnthegreat

Postby mike » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:35 pm

Bigger is definitely better.

Get yourself a thermarest and some ice axes.

I'd recommend a route called 'Humble Horse' on Mt. Diadem near the Columbia ice fields.

I'll be in and around Alberta some day soon. Drop me an email if you wanna hook up for some mountaineering when I get there.

Mike
mjdorse@yahoo.ca
mike

Postby mathieu » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:30 pm

Humble horse???

Ice ??

Approach??

oh By the way, the ice is forming for R&D so i'd better sharpen my picks ice is a calling

Bigger is better since bigger means elevation and elevation means cold up high. So one weekend your sport climbing on a sunny crag (insert location here) and a few weeks later your climbing some ice.
mathieu

Return to Nova Scotia