Mountaineering

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Mountaineering

Postby climberwannabe » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:58 pm

Hey Mike, you mentioned mountaineering in your last post... maybe there would be some interest for CNS members to plan a mountaineering trip??? ANYONE? BUELER... BUELER...
Mother nature: 1, climberwannabe: 0
climberwannabe

Mountaineering

Postby peter » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:19 am

Europe, Europe, Europe.

Come back to the birthplace of mountaineering.

Looking for alpine partners for Scotland in winter (February) and summer alpine July 2006 in the French Alps.

I heard Bueller was really sick.

P.
peter

yeah

Postby climberwannabe » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:29 am

Yeah I heard from my mothers, brothers, daughters, sisters, best friend that he was like dying.

Hmmm... the big EEE UUU huh peter?? I'd love too. I am still in transition trying to figure out where I will be this winter (may be posted) but its been on my mind alot. The most leave I will be able to take from Jan to April is 9 days (including weekends). I dont know if it would be worthwhile... But in April I get 25 days (not including weekends), so I could take a pretty good trip after that. Is April still good for winter mountaineering there?
Mother nature: 1, climberwannabe: 0
climberwannabe

Postby johnthegreat » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:43 pm

Why don't ya'll come out to banff? A friend of mine is gonna teach me some stuff on ice climbing and mountaineering he said he wonted to get me up on the vitorian glacier behinde lake louis. I plus theres some great stuff everywhere to go mountaineering up in that counrty come december/january! Anyway ttyl guys
Climbinb WILL ruin your life!!! :)
johnthegreat

Postby Mountain_Marc » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:09 pm

Peter, what are your plans for Scotland? I'd love to go ice climbing in Scotland!! I wanted to go to Norway that time of year but can't find a partner so that's out. Get back to me, i'm really interested.

Ice Climbing, Scotch and Haggis. Sounds like fun times to me!!
"You can't practice to be miserable. You're either good at it or you aren't."

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Scotland

Postby peter » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:17 pm

Dear Pedro:

Pretty open plans. Have a guidebook. Will go for about a week in February. Can't be March, as too many friends coming from Canada during their kids March Break, and the weather/conditions are too iffy in January. Fly in, climb, socialize, fly out? I will be travelling overland. Need to buy or otherwise obtain alpine half ropes, but otherwise good to go.

Peter

mcmacinfrance@hotmail.com
mcveypc@gov.ns.ca
peter

Postby mathieu » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:25 pm

johnthegreat wrote:Why don't ya'll come out to banff? A friend of mine is gonna teach me some stuff on ice climbing and mountaineering he said he wonted to get me up on the vitorian glacier behinde lake louis. I plus theres some great stuff everywhere to go mountaineering up in that counrty come december/january! Anyway ttyl guys

winter mountaineering in the rockies..... have fun, don't forget your spare set of toes, especially if you try to find the vitorian glacier.

In winter, I rather stick to the ice there is so much out here in the rockies. Trudging up a glacier and breaking trail for X KM just doesn't excite me. Ski mountaineering is a different bag but you have to find a possy since going 2 people would be suicidal.

Have fun and play safe out there

Mathieu
mathieu

Postby johnthegreat » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:52 pm

Thanks man for the advice! Yeah he has a possy who he goes mountaineerning yeah im stoked for it. Plus he has been up to that glacier quite a bit, trust me he has been doing this since he was a teen so im safe with him for the most part. Stay safe kids!
John
Climbinb WILL ruin your life!!! :)
johnthegreat

Postby mike » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:47 am

I'd like to suggest that you add Niacian to your first aid kit. Recently I found myself without boots in an apine environment. I'd been looking for a vasodiolator due to my previous meetings with the frost monster. I found Naicin with the help of a naturalistic doctor.
I dosed myself with niacin and spend a bootless day which included a glacier crossing- all toes are still acting like little piggies on the way to the market.

It's the good flowers.
Mike
mike

Return to Nova Scotia