regarding, mixed climbing

We do have climbers here, really!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

regarding, mixed climbing

Postby ganu » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:37 pm

I totally came across in the wrong way with my forum topic Mixed Climbing. Sorry to any of those whom I may have offended. First of all I would like to say that I think it is great whatever a persons climbing preferences are. Whether that be top-roping 5.5 or rx leading 5.12. It was defenetaly not my intention to demean or critisise anyone who would not like the style of climbing I was talking about.
I obviously did it in the wrong way, but that part of my message was directed to negative comments I have been hearing about my home climbing area for years. Everyone has their right to there own opinion and views, I should have realised that . What I was trying to say was climbing that kind of medium is a style unto itself. Oviously not a popular one, that is ok too, but still a style.
Also, I meant "pound in screws" the old type that don't have threads.
I also live in B.C,and it has been years since I have been to P.E.I, and I guess I get a bit defensive when people trash my area( yes I know, how can I miss climbing in P.E.I, when I climb in B.C.), either way people are allowed to say what they want.
For the record, I am not some fool with a death wish, or some masochistic egoist. I love life, and I think egoisim is a poison to climbing. My view of calculated risks are just are not as common.
Either way, sorry again.
ganu

Postby saF » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:25 am

No offense taken, and none intended. No worries. :)

saF
Scott Ferguson
Cornwall, PE
saF

to end this thread

Postby shannon » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:54 pm

...and that should be that!

WE should ALL be out climbing! 'Tis the season.

shannon
michael shannon Burt
East coast editor
trailpeak.com
shannon

Return to Prince Edward Island