just moved back to pei from ontario

We do have climbers here, really!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

just moved back to pei from ontario

Postby neutralcypruss » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:38 am

hey all just moved back here form ontario i dont really know any climbers other than granite_grrl(rebecca) but i intend to get to know the climbing in the maritimes..Hopefully with some help from you locals i have been climbing for 7 years been alot of places climbing. Some places include kamoraska,west virginia, gunks, newhampshire, ontario and i would like to get to know the maritimes. I lead trad have all my own gear, sport sometimes, and bouldering is a lot of fun but as i have been plagued with tennis elbow it can be difficult i seem pretty good up to about v3 unless it is a real pinchy route...I have also been known to do the odd bit of instructing as i have my a.c.m.g. cgi lvl 2 i used to teach at off the wall gym in barrie ontario. You can read more about my adventures on r.c.com under neutralcypruss however i look forward to hearing from some of you please drop me a line if any one would like to go climbing at neutralcypruss@rockclimbing.com or fjewb@hotmail.com.....

Re: just moved back to pei from ontario

Postby Zamboni » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:41 pm

Well sorry to say this, but your in the province with the least amount of climbing. Let us know if you find anything on the island.

Cb.
Zamboni

Postby neutralcypruss » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:01 pm

LOOKING TO CLIMB ON THE MAINLAND,NOT ON THE ISLAND WHERE DO YOU CLIMB AT MOSTLY
All men die but not every man lives....
neutralcypruss

Postby saF » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:08 pm

I moved to PEI just over 2 years ago from Halifax. I only know for certain about 2 small climbing walls on the island. I have heard about a couple of others, but not enough to be certain that they actually exist.

As for climbing on the main land, there are several places to head to. Halifax has a lot of bouldering around it, and some sport and trad routes as well. There is also some climbing in Cape Breton as well. For New Brunswick, there is the Wellington area between St. John and Fredericton.

There is another climber on the island, Shannon Burt, who has expressed interest in doing day or weekend trips for rock and ice climbing. So we may be able to fill a car load for a trip sometimes.

saF
Scott Ferguson
Cornwall, PE
saF

Postby vbpad » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:12 am

saF wrote:For New Brunswick, there is the Wellington area between St. John and Fredericton.

i think he meant the Welsford area between Saint John And Fredericton
vbpad

Postby neutralcypruss » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:13 pm

is welsford multi pitch or single pitch
neutralcypruss

Postby martha » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:14 am

Welsford is Multi and Single Pitch. Trad mostly, some mixed, few sport. grades up to 5.13. Should have something to tickle your fancy.

The new guidebook is available in Fredericton.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:50 am

Hey James! Glad to see you moving back to the East coast. I hope within the next few years I can join you! :D

There's not much in the way of solid rock on PEI, but with the confederation bridge it makes getting over to NB and NS much easier. I think that you'll really enjoy Welsford, to say its a step up from Ontario limestone is an understatment. You're really trading up.

Maybe I'll see you around when I head back east next time. Regardless, keep on posting, and I hope to see you around in the future.
granite_grrl

Postby neutralcypruss » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:46 pm

thanks rebbecca; good to here from you and even better to hear i am trading up and if you and nathan are down this way let me know it would be great to see you again perhaps we can get out climbing and you can show me a few places.......
neutralcypruss

Postby granite_grrl » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:41 am

We might be driving up to NS around thanksgiving. I have a friend who's getting married that weekend, and I thought maye we could hit some stuff up on the way out there.

I would like to spend some time out at Welsford in NB, but I've only been out there once years ago so I doubt I could give you much beta on it. My old stomping ground was around Hali, esp places like Sorrow's End which is pretty close to my parent's. And then we'd be heading out at xmas time, but it's often questionable if we'll get out that time of year (though it was possible for the last two years!).

If you keep and eye on these boards I'm sure you'll see us anounce whenever we're headed back.

I'm sure Barb is super excited about your return to PEI, how are the kids taking it?
granite_grrl

Return to Prince Edward Island