Boulderfest 2006

The perfect place to find out who won the last comp, or advertise upcoming events.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Boulderfest 2006

Postby tracstarr » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:00 am

Yes, it's nearly that time of year again. Registration for Boulderfest will start at the AGM on wednesday. The cost for members is $30 and non-members is $40. There is a list of current members found at http://www.climbnovascotia.ca/current_members . Last names are removed. If you are unsure if it's you, ask. If you are not on that list you can become a cns member very easily... right online!

http://www.climbnovascotia.ca/user/register

Here is what you need to do/know to register for boulderfest.

1) goto http://www.climbnovascotia.ca/user/register
2) if you are ALREADY a cns member. (on the list) , please register with the 'Events Only' option about half way down the page. (your status will be changed by admin within a few days. If you are NOT a cns member and don't plan on becoming one (why wouoldn't you), please also select the Events only.
3) once completed you will be able to login to the website. For 'Events Only' registration this will only give you the added advantage to easily sign-up for CNS events. CNS members will get a few little extras.
4) if you are not a member of CNS you can now make a payment with visa/mastercard or even with your bank account through paypal (you don't have to be a paypal member). Make sure the email address you provide matches the one you signed-up with or it may take longer to process your payments.
5) wait. the link to the actual boulderfest registration will be posted wednesday night after the AGM. But if you show up to the AGM you will get to sign-up there! Remember, first 70 people only!
6) pay for boulderfest (additional waivers are also required)

if there are any questions/concerns please let me know.

note: you can become an individual member of CNS if you are 14 or older (Teth this is confirmed right?). If you are younger than 18 you are required to provide a signed waiver from your parent/guardian.
tracstarr

Postby The Teth » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:33 pm

Right now you have to be 16 to be a CNS member, but we will be voting at the AGM to remove this restriction. If that goes through a member under 16 will have the same rights and benefits as any other CNS member, accept for the right to vote. So by the time Boulderfest registration opens, age will likely not be an issue.

Teth
The Teth

Postby Nate » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:56 pm

Signed a waiver last year, do you have to sign another for this year too??
Nate
Nate

Postby phil » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:49 pm

Will it be possible to become a CNS member at the AGN and register for boulderfest immediately?
phil

Postby tracstarr » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:09 am

yep. we are going to have some laptops there for people to sign up and pay. Maybe we'll have 70 people show up , sign up and be done with it all! Make sure you come to the AGM everyone if you want advanced boulderfest registration!
tracstarr

Postby tracstarr » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:12 am

for those that are not sure.... you can signup for on the web anytime to become a CNS member or as Events only registrant. Do it ahead of time if you want. The boulderfest signup link will not be available until wednesday night. 11pm (unless you goto the AGM)
tracstarr

Postby sheryl@mystic » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:29 am

hello....i can't wait to join everyone for the boulderfest. i have a quick question and i'm hoping that someone will be able to help me. when you sign up for the boulderfest, do you have to be a member or can you sign up under the events only category? it looks like the membership really supports a lot, but i'm from out of town and still a student (i.e. poor), so i'm looking to do this in the way that makes the most sense. any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
sheryl@mystic

Postby tracstarr » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:33 am

hey. yeah, if you only want to attend boulderfest and don't want to become a member then just sign-up as events only. But if you become a member (which is a 2 year deal) it pays for itself if you attend boulderfest both years. It's $30 for members to attend boulderfest and $40 for non-members. and with it only costing $20 for a 2 year membership.... ;)

remember everyone, the boulderfest signup will start tonight at 11pm Atlantic. But if you come to the AGM you get advanced signup! Check the CNS site at 11 for the link to the signup. and remember, you have to signup for the site first! and you can do that at anytime!
tracstarr

Postby sheryl@mystic » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:50 am

thanks, i'll be signing up as a member....it seems like you guys really do a lot with those membership dues, and it will be great motivation to get up that way a little more often. take care all and i'll be seeing you soon.....and in the meantime if anyone wants to wander southward i'd be happy to share my local boulders.
sheryl@mystic

Postby tracstarr » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:21 am

NON-MEMBERS PLEASE NOTE

If you are non cns member your boulderfest registration will be pushed down the list by current members for the first 48 hours. This means that if you signup and are a non member, the 70 spots fill within 48 hours by members, you will be bumped from the list even if you registered before those members. If you are on the list after 48 hours you cannot be bumped from the list.

Sorry for the late info but i was just informed of this. I don't have time to update the system to account for this. THus, if you are not a CNS member and do not want to become one, don't make a payment for boulderfest until the 48 hour period is up and you are still on the list.
tracstarr

Postby tracstarr » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:22 pm

registration is now open to everyone!
tracstarr

Postby Nate » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:13 am

Hey Keith,
What address can I send my moneys and waiver to if I'm not going to pay on-line? Also, thanks for putting this registration together for boulderfest!
Nate
Nate

Postby tracstarr » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:53 pm

wish i could tell you :)

um, teth should know.
tracstarr

Postby dcentral » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:24 pm

You could always send it to Sport Nova Scotia care of Climb Nova Scotia, and Teth would get it.
dcentral

Postby Holly Reid » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:38 pm

Nate wrote:Hey Keith,
What address can I send my moneys and waiver to if I'm not going to pay on-line? Also, thanks for putting this registration together for boulderfest!
Nate

You could send it to the address at the bottom of the waiver. I would think that's where it's supposed to go since it's on there. :wink:
Holly Reid

Postby ben smith » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:28 pm

Hey nathan give it to me- I already have kate's money- I'll keep it until I can sort out a way of depositing it.
ben smith

Postby dcentral » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:25 pm

Hahah, don't trust your big brother with your money dude. :D
dcentral

Postby The Teth » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:23 pm

The address has changed and this change is probably not reflected on the waver. The address is Climb Nova Scotia, C/O Sport Nova Scota, 5516 Spring Garden Road, 4th floor, B3J 1G6.

However, it would be quicker to just give it to Ben as he is President now. I am not sure who will be checking the CNS mail box or when. It might be Ben picking up the mail anyway.

Teth
The Teth

Postby Hum » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:52 pm

Hi

Am I just missing it..or did no one post the actual date of Doverfest.. on the CNS site or in this string???
Hum

Postby martha » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:05 pm

June 24/25

see you there Mr. Hung.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby dquinn » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:01 pm

Hum wrote:Hi

Am I just missing it..or did no one post the actual date of Doverfest.. on the CNS site or in this string???

The basts didn't post it anywhere on the CNS site. I guess we are all supposed to know these things.
dquinn

Postby patzer » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:16 pm

http://www.climbnovascotia.ca/boulderfest_2006

"Boulderfest 2006
Start: 2006-06-24 05:00
End: 2006-06-25 20:59"

;)

And to answer your question from MSN, I haven't signed up yet, but if I borrow some money this weekend, I will sign up Monday if possible.

Jason
patzer

Postby tracstarr » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:24 pm

or http://www.climbnovascotia.ca/event although 5am is a bit optimistic. i'll change it to 8am
tracstarr

Return to Comps and Events