festiglace rocked! errr...iced

The perfect place to find out who won the last comp, or advertise upcoming events.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

festiglace rocked! errr...iced

Postby martha » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:06 am

Festiglace was awesome. :) I competed in the amature comp on Saturday and that was so much fun. I actually made it up the grade 5 'le tube' twice quite quickly and beat the other girl on the first try, but she got me on the second. Unfortunately there wasn't a womens category and we were both over a minute slower than the fastest guys, but only about 50 sec or less slower than the rest of the bunch. it was sweet!

Not to mention, on friday night we got to watch a slide presentation by Guy Lacalle and another by Jim Donimie. Saturday night we had the honour of watching slide presentations by Conrad Ankar and Pete Athans. Wow, these guys are impressive. I had a minute to thank them both and when I was in their conversations, they were busy talking about ice conditions in colorado...so I gues they aren't so different from us!!!

The pro climbing competition on saturday was truely impressive as these ice and mixed climbers from around the world wowed us with their figure 4's around big icicles, dynos to rock placements and big falls!! woohoo!!

I can't wait for next year. :)
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby rendog » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:27 pm

sorry martha, I'm a spelling nazi when it comes to names...

Guy Lacelle
Jim Donini
and Conrad Anker.

Glad to hear you had a good time up there. Wish I could've been there, but alas...someone down here has to take care of the rookies eh. :lol: :lol:
if you look like your passport photo, then you probably need the vacation
rendog

Postby mathieu » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:38 pm

I was wondering who was Jim Donimie. I didn't clue in also who you meant by Guy Lacalle. Thanks Rendog, I can now sleep better at night :wink:
mathieu

Postby mitchleblanc » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:49 am

rendog wrote:Guy Lacelle
Jim Donini
and Conrad Anker.

1 for 4!? Ouch! Maybe it's time to renew that Rock & Ice subscription Cara!
Bouldering is a dish best served cold.
mitchleblanc

Postby martha » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:23 am

Sorry Guys!!!

I don't usually do that!! and to only get 1 right? sheesh. :(

I walk away ashamed....
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Return to Comps and Events