adventure race

The perfect place to find out who won the last comp, or advertise upcoming events.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

adventure race

Postby martha » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:08 pm

http://www.hrsar.ca/e2c/

hey all. I've been thinking on this for a while and thought about it over the weekend in PQ.

shawn and denise got me hooked on adventure racing. :) or something like that. something more like grueling pain and suffering that somehow translates into fun.

I'd like to see a bunch from here head to Hali on May 1.

I think I'm on a team with Mike and Mary from the Radical Edge if they are still up for it. the beginner groups can have 24 hour race teams of 5. :)

Though it would be cool to have a team of climbers go down. The last team of climbers kicked butt at Steve Adamsons race!! :)

anyone up for it?
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby sb » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:50 pm

Just to clarify Cara's post, the E2C in Hali on Apr30/May1 isn't an adventure race. It is a 24 hour (or 8 hour) orienteering challenge. Basically, there are 40 controls in the designated race area. Find as many as you can in 24 hours. Go. Map and compass only for competitive category. GPS allowed for recreational. Great intro to endurance racing and the suffering you will come to thrive on. It is nice as this race is not as gear intensive as adventure racing but it also means you will be on your feet for 24 hours straight...instead of changing disciplines to biking or paddling. Take care of your feet!
sb

Postby martha » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:14 pm

shawn,

thanks for the clarification. :)

I will be on an all girls team in the recreational category for the full 24 hours. I'm looking forward to it!!!

My goal is simply to make it through!!! :)

Lets hope for good weather!!!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Chris » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:49 pm

I will be trying this race again! It kicked my ass royally last year....this time I'm out for revenge (or a not-so-royal ass kicking!)
Chris

Return to Comps and Events