UNB R & I Ice Climbing School

The perfect place to find out who won the last comp, or advertise upcoming events.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

UNB R & I Ice Climbing School

Postby Matt Peck » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:40 pm

Hello All!

The UNB Rock and Ice Climbing Club will be holding our annual Ice Climbing School on the weekend of February 16th and 17th. There will be an information and registration meeting for the event at the UNB Rock and Ice climbing club facility on Tuesday, February 12th at 7 pm. Any questions regarding the event can be answered at the meeting, or by emailing Matthew Peck at Tradventure@gmail.com. We look forward to seeing you!

This event is a great opportunity to try out the winter variety of our sport in an instructed environment. Basic instruction on belay technique, safety skills, equipment use and basic climbing skills will be provided, as well as technical equipment for the event. This is a great opportunity to try a sport you've never experienced, or to increase your skills if you have allready had a chance to swing an axe; all skill levels are welcome and no previous experience is necessary. We do ask that you try to bring a pair of Downhill ski boots for the event if you don't have Ice climbing footwear, as the club's supplies are limited. Some accomodations can be made however.

Monitors interested in volunteering for the event may contact me at Tradventure@gmail.com.
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Return to Comps and Events