IFSC Climbing Worldcup (B) - Vail (USA) 2008

The perfect place to find out who won the last comp, or advertise upcoming events.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

IFSC Climbing Worldcup (B) - Vail (USA) 2008

Postby Adam » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:38 pm

good luck John and Holly!!! go team UNB Rock & Ice !!

startlists
Adam

Re: IFSC Climbing Worldcup (B) - Vail (USA) 2008

Postby chossmonkey » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:39 pm

Good luck to them.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby martha » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:43 pm

imagine, John and Holly competing against Lisa Rands and Chris Sharma.

It will be a great time for them both!

Good luck guys! we'll be thinking of you!!!

Cara
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby *Chris* » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:53 am

John buddy... since you're representing our club please do us all a favour and try not to fart directly onto the pros. Actually, on second thought... I changed my mind: If you can manage to fart directly onto Chris Sharma I'll buy you a beer at the Rogue. The rules are that he's got to be aware of it and that Holly's has to witness it. Holly, if you can get a picture of this going down and post it on this forum than you get a beer too. I'd also accept sneaking "Tyrone" (the big black rubber schlong) into Mr. Sharma's backpack as a substitute; though I'm not sure it's in your possession and that would have required more advanced planning. Good luck to both of you!
*Chris*

Postby martha » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:17 am

*Chris* wrote:John buddy... since you're representing our club please do us all a favour and try not to fart directly onto the pros. Actually, on second thought... I changed my mind: If you can manage to fart directly onto Chris Sharma I'll buy you a beer at the Rogue. The rules are that he's got to be aware of it and that Holly's has to witness it. Holly, if you can get a picture of this going down and post it on this forum than you get a beer too. I'd also accept sneaking "Tyrone" (the big black rubber schlong) into Mr. Sharma's backpack as a substitute; though I'm not sure it's in your possession and that would have required more advanced planning. Good luck to both of you!

I second all of this!!!! Yeah, I haven't seen Tyrone since Stef and I put him in John's climbing bag over a year ago. He wasn't rubber though Norfolk... he was hard plastic with a big handle on the end well suited for clipping a biner through. (what a swell Spider killer he would be!) Don't you remember Fred wielding that 'tool' all around at our Xmas party a few years ago?

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby chossmonkey » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:03 pm

Some how I don't think Sharma would mind.....

http://www.8a.nu/images/news/large/6334 ... sharma.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby martha » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:47 pm

I had always envisioned that..... :lol: :lol:

martha

Postby john » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:06 am

All the guys including me took a beating only two routes were sent and people made semi with only bonuses. Euros were not happy some saying it was the worst WC they have done hahahahahahah

I climbed OK too bad I didn't have the day I had at our national qualifiers 2 weeks ago.

The routes were cool but noone was sending and a lot of people were complaining about judging oits too bad for NA climbing because it leaves a bad taste for the international community.

The Teva games are cool and the venue is amazing but the organization and route setting was not at an acceptable international level most people were saying but everyone learns for next year and it was cool to be part of the first ever boulder WC in North America.

I did have a laugh when I got called off problem one for a alleged missed foot tap, I appealed and it was taken back but it is never fun to get called off halfway up hahahahhah

Can't do good at them all I just hope we get more cahnces to host WC in NA in the future. It will be interesting to see if the setters can fix it up for tommorow.

jb
john

Postby granite_grrl » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:06 pm

martha wrote:I had always envisioned that..... :lol: :lol:

Really? ...From a primarly sport climber/boulder? I always figured it would be the other way around.
granite_grrl

Postby martha » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:07 am

granite_grrl wrote:
martha wrote:I had always envisioned that..... :lol: :lol:

Really? ...From a primarly sport climber/boulder? I always figured it would be the other way around.

hahaha..

Well, I always 'assume' it is the other way around. But that isn't necessarily what I 'envision'.....

martha

Postby martha » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:20 am

If I read the results right it looks like Holly came (tied) 23 out of a total of 36 climbers and John came 45 out of 49.

Regardless of how you guys climbed.... CONGRATS! This was a world cup event!! Great Job!!!

martha

Postby john » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:52 am

crazy eh 65males and and 15 ties in qualiifers the worst ever in a WC I have heard of! haahahah
john

Postby chossmonkey » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:25 am

8 ties for #29 in the women's and 7 ties for #36 in the men's. They must have just slapped a bunch of holds on the wall and called it good. Or did they just not have very many problems?

Good job both of you. Just getting to climb in the comp seems like quite an achievement.
chossmonkey

Postby Holly Reid » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:29 am

Wow... I am just seeing this one now since I can't get on the forum at home (hey Fred, about that, hehe... ;))... Thanks guys! :D The comp was a lot of fun... great learning experience. I only really had two goals going into it - not come dead last, and not come dead last on our team, haha, so I was really happy with how it went. I'm definitely hoping (going, hehe) to do more WCs in the future! John was right though, the routes were a bit too nuts... but made me feel a little better seeing the super good climbers falling off low on the route as well, haha. :P

*Chris* - that would have been AWESOME, hahahahaha. I think John was close enough to Sharma in the running order he may have been able to actually make that possible... maybe while sitting between climbs?, haha.
Holly Reid

Postby Fred » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:32 am

you guys give me the IP range for Fred e-zone and I'll remove it from the banned IP's.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Return to Comps and Events