Anchors Course

The perfect place to find out who won the last comp, or advertise upcoming events.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Anchors Course

Postby lukelovesclimbin » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:17 pm

Hey, i'm new on the site and and a newbie at climbing(4 months), i'm just wondering if theres anybody out there who would do the anchors course and UNB R&I, i need more then 5 people i'm told and i have 1 onther then me. PM my if you know of anyone.
Climb on
Luke
lukelovesclimbin

Postby martha » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:23 pm

check your messages.

getting 5 people shouldn't be a problem. though Fred and I had one scheduled this winter and had 6 people signed up for it and only 1 person showed up on the first night so we cancelled it.

If you can get 5 people to commit....no problem.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Ulysse » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:02 am

Hey if your just getting into climbing and want to learn how to build anchors, ect ect...you could alway get books like Freedom of the Hills and or Climbing Anchors by John long. These show you multiple anchor systems (trees,trad gear,natural features.....) and also loads of other info
So if for some reason your course doesnt happen you have other ways of aquirering the knowledge required for a safe and enjoyable outings.
Ulysse

Postby Pierre » Fri May 06, 2005 7:03 pm

I would be interested in taking a anchors course... I've read plenty of books but getting some practical would be a plus..

I'm around for most of the summer except the month of July...
Pierre

Return to Comps and Events