Cross Training

Check-in here to get all the latest info on climbing gyms in Eastern Canada.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Cross Training

Postby dquinn » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:36 pm

Are there any Ironmen or women out there looking for a good workout? I am doing a 4k swim next week in a local lake, and I am looking for a partner. Incidentally, this is the same distance as the opening leg of the Ironman lake placid. Major bragging rights: you can tell people you did the first leg of the Ironman - it's what all those wussy marathon runners struggle with the most anyway.

Anyone who is interested send me a PM and we will coordinate the effort. No prior experience necessary. It's really not very difficult, and the pace is relaxed. It's like a 2 hour splash in the pool. The lake is so warm right now, it is more like a splash in the tub. If you've ever though about open water swimming you should give it a try. We don't swim far from shore, so you can quit anytime.
dquinn

Postby cooper » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:48 pm

i mite be down
when next week?
-ryan
cooper

Postby dquinn » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:55 pm

Nice Cooper, that's the spirit. I didn't know you were still kicking around. I haven't nailed down an exact date, but it will be Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday morning or Thursday/Friday evening. I'm flexible. Shouldn't take more than 3 hours.
dquinn

Postby dquinn » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:57 pm

Total time including travelling - the swim itself will be around 2 hours, give or take.
dquinn

Return to Gyms / Training