UNB climbing gym

Check-in here to get all the latest info on climbing gyms in Eastern Canada.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

UNB climbing gym

Postby Laurent » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:13 am

Hi guys,

I would like to thank the group of people who spent a lot of time last Week End to clean up the wall and set a bunch of new routes at the UNB climbing gym.

Most of the routes are just awesome and very well thought, you did a very good job! One just wants to try to climb all this new routes when getting there. This is now so motivating to go to the gym when it rains or it is too wet to climb outside.

Again, thank you guys for your time and dedication.

Laurent
Laurent

Re: UNB climbing gym

Postby *Chris* » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:44 am

It's an ecological process Laurent... a rejuvenation brought about by a disturbance agent, in this case, an order of wicked holds from Friction. It's a cycle of destruction and regeneration... you can't stop it. It's a healthy and necessary part of the system. :wink:
*Chris*

Postby Nihoa » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:59 pm

the big effort was put in by matt keays. there were a bunch of us that put all the new holds on the wall and ripped down the tape but matt came in the next day and shifted all the old holds around. he put in 10 hours or something ridiculous! must be all those granola bars his mom buys him.
Nihoa

Postby SeanM » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:59 am

To throw out a bunch of stuff that makes me sound like a total noob.. The UNB wall is at the UNB Fredericton campus?

What would be required to gain access for a day to the facility? I might be travelling through NB soon and would like to stop in to see what the facility is like, in comparison to our Halifax gym(s).

Thanks for the info!
SeanM

Postby Leehammer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:12 am

SeanM wrote:What would be required to gain access for a day to the facility?

Walk through the front doors :)

The climbing wall should be open from 6-8pm Monday-Friday. Turn right and go down the stairs to get to it from the front entrance.
Leehammer

Postby Fred » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:16 am

Note that most years it has been closed for a few weeks in August. I'm not sure what the schedule is this year.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby *Chris* » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:21 am

The gym is techncially closed for the month of August. However, the building is remaining open in the evenings until 8:00 which is a bit out of step from previous years. Folks on our key list have tended to go in most nights thus far so on any given night you'll probably find the wall informally open... it's just that there are no guarentees this month. The wall will be open with regular hours starting again in Sept.
*Chris*

Return to Gyms / Training