NBCC Wall Route Setting

Check-in here to get all the latest info on climbing gyms in Eastern Canada.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

NBCC Wall Route Setting

Postby STeveA » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:11 am

We are starting to set routes on the NBCC wall Tuesday Sept 22nd. If anyone is interested in helping out we should be there around 7pm. The wall will open up for climbing Oct 6th.
You are, therefore I am. That is the question....
STeveA

Re: NBCC Wall Route Setting

Postby Ames » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:46 pm

Hi,

I am newish to climbing and recently heard about the NBCC wall. I was wondering if you might have some more info. about it? I am looking to find out the hours, membership costs and if they rent climbing shoes etc. If you can help me out it would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Ames
Ames

Postby PeterA » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:04 pm

the hours are 7-10, tuesdays and thursdays (and sometimes sundays). starting oct. 6th

A membership for the year is 20 dollars, plus $1 a night, which would include shoes if you need them.

hope this helps

-PJ
PeterA

Postby jnnfr » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:32 pm

Starting Oct. 6? I just got an email from the athletics guy (I'm an NBCC student) saying it was now open...? Just want to make sure I don't drive all the way out there from Quispamsis if it's not open tomorrow.
jnnfr

Postby PeterA » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:36 pm

i believe its still in the process of having all the routes set up. You could probably head in before oct. 6th if you wanted to help out.

-PJ
PeterA

Postby STeveA » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:59 am

We are still putting up routes so we are not actually climbing, however as peter stated you are welcome to come help establish the routes.

The cost of $1 a night for members ($3 for non-members) does not include shoes or harness. They are $1 a night each available on a first come basis.
You are, therefore I am. That is the question....
STeveA

Return to Gyms / Training