Boot spray!!

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Boot spray!!

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:20 am

My ice boots came in the mail over the weekend, Tecnica Altitude Plus. They seem to fit fairly well, so we'll see how they feel when I'm actually climbing.

also over the weekend my friend gave me the crampons that I had mailed to him (as sexy pair of BD Sabertooths).

Oh baby! I'm hoping to flail on some ice this weekend.....hope my technique isn't too embaressing :lol:
granite_grrl

Postby Mountain_Marc » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:35 am

You are now entering the Dark side! Sweet!

So where you heading for ice this weekend?
"You can't practice to be miserable. You're either good at it or you aren't."

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:22 pm

I have to ask around and see if anything is in first. There's a quiet place near St. Catharines that might be in, and a friend said there was some ice near Hamilton, so maybe Tiffany Falls is in??

If nothing else I can go hiking around and trying to figure out where stuff is :)
granite_grrl

Postby Mountain_Marc » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:56 pm

Cool!

I'm heading to the Dacks this weekend. There's definitely going to be some ice there!

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Postby PaulB » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:12 pm

granite_grrl wrote:There's a quiet place near St. Catharines that might be in, and a friend said there was some ice near Hamilton, so maybe Tiffany Falls is in??

During my three ice climbing seasons in Southern Ontario, my trips to the Hamilton & St. Catharines area only resulted in lots of driving around looking at unfrozen waterfalls. It was just never cold enough for anything to freeze solid. Heading north to the Madawaska Highlands was always much more productive.
PaulB

Postby granite_grrl » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:12 pm

PaulB wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:There's a quiet place near St. Catharines that might be in, and a friend said there was some ice near Hamilton, so maybe Tiffany Falls is in??

During my three ice climbing seasons in Southern Ontario, my trips to the Hamilton & St. Catharines area only resulted in lots of driving around looking at unfrozen waterfalls. It was just never cold enough for anything to freeze solid. Heading north to the Madawaska Highlands was always much more productive.

Hmmm, that sucks. I do know that at least last year stuff in both Hamilton and St. Catharines were in, but there was also that nasty cold spell we had. Would you mind PM me directions to stuff in the Madawaska Highlands? Just how far away would it be from St. Catharines?

Regardless, I'll be back in St. Catharines this weekend so if I don't have anything else going I'll or for a hike and see if it looks like anything is coming in.

I'm also wondering about stuff across the boarder here near Buffalo. I had a buddy who found some stuff here last year, but he's moved away and has deceided to be very propriatry about the areas....gave no real explaination either (could be access, but its more likely his ego....he doesn't like to share).
granite_grrl

Postby Mountain_Marc » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:48 pm

For information on ice near Buffalo, go to http://www.neice.com and PM Gidget. She's from the area and should know about the ice in the area.

Mountain_Marc

Postby PaulB » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:15 pm

granite_grrl wrote:Would you mind PM me directions to stuff in the Madawaska Highlands? Just how far away would it be from St. Catharines?

Google maps is your friend! Huntsville is relatively close to most of the ice areas, but Bancroft is the most convenient place to go. You can literally sit in Tim Hortons to scope the routes on the Eagle's Nest crag.

Some good info on Ontario Ice here, especially this section.
PaulB

Return to Gear