Mad Rocks

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Mad Rocks

Postby Chris » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:36 pm

Anyone around here climbing in Mad Rocks? I am looking at getting some new shoes this year and looking for some opinions or reccomendations. I am looking for a good all-around shoe.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Chris

Postby Pierre » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:57 pm

I climb in Madrocks...

My first pair were Madrock Mugen. I seemed to blow through these shoes pretty quickly. I was very new to climbing so my crappy foot work may of contributed to the premature wearing.

Lately I've been climbing in Madrock Flash... I bought these despite my experiences with the Mugen because the price was right. The shoes perform well for me and it looks like I will get alot more wear out of them.

Later
Pierre
Pierre

Postby martha » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:03 pm

Hey Chris,

From my experience, they are less expensive for a reason as the rubber is softer and thinner... so it does wear out faster than your average pair of 5.10's or La Sportivas.

That being said, if they are comfy for you and you can afford to replace them more often, then it doesn't really matter that they wear out faster.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby tracstarr » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:44 am

i've noticed a lot more people climbing in Evolv's. Both Nate and Scott love them. I've narrowed it down to getting a pair of Evolv's or the new Mad Rock Mugen's
tracstarr

Postby Scooter » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:38 pm

ive had two pairs of mad rock mugens... loved the fit, awesome heel... but I blew through both shoes quickly... more so than any other par of shoes i have had. Also, i found they stretched reallly fast. The only reason i would buy another pair is because of the price. I have a pair of evolv predators, they took some getting used to because they are very aggressive and i bought them too small... but they stretched out and now i love them.. they are awesome. I also had a pair of 5.10 anasazi and they were amazing as well, lasted a while and once they blew i got them re-soled because i liked them so much. Heard amazing things about the lasportiva miuras. they will be my next purchase!
Scooter

Return to Gear