Shoe Fit - Anasazi velcro vs Mocasym

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Shoe Fit - Anasazi velcro vs Mocasym

Postby Andrew » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:00 pm

My Mocasyms are blowing holes thru the toe box so I'm thinking about getting a new pair of shoes.

I take 7.5 US MENS in Mocasyms and its a PERFECT FIT. They were a little tight to start but after a few climbs they fit like a glove.

I am wondering if the Velcro Anasazi's will fit the same size as the Mocasym 7.5s? I know there's always a little difference but would it be pretty much the same?

I take size 8.5 US MENS in lace-up shoes like the FiveTEN Newton or a Boreal Laser.

Andrew
Andrew

Postby martha » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:27 pm

I take about a 4 in the mocasyms as they stretch so much and a 5.5 in the velcro as they hardly stretch at all. but I like my shoes REALLY tight.

The velcro is lasted totally differently from the Mocasym so you should probably try them on before you buy them in case they don't fit your foot at all.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Andrew » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:46 pm

Cara,

Thanks for the tips. Does Radical Edge or any other place in southern NB carry them or any climbing shoes and let me try them on?
Andrew

Postby Fred » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:13 am

I've been wearing the velcros for years and I always went 1 size smaller than my street shoe but my toes are permanently deformed as a result. I would recommend 1/2 size smaller than your street shoe. They will mold and not hurt so much but they won't stretch. The only stretching that will occur will be on the roof of your toes which will aleviate some of the pressure.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Scooter » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:28 pm

WIth my pair of anasazi velcro's i went 1.5 sizes smaller than my street shoe... they were perfect...they did strectch a little bit and became a lot more comfortable within a few weeks. if i were to get another pair i would probably try 2 sizes smaller.. i guess it all depends on what you like so i would suggest just trying them on and see. shoes alllways stretch, from my experience
Scooter

Postby Ken P » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:10 pm

I tried going a 1.5 and I eventually got conditioned to them. If your anything like me and have wide feet, if you get away from climbing a couple of weeks at a time it's like breaking them in all over again. Since I've gone one size and they are perfect. Anasazis rock even for crap climbers like me!
Ken P

Postby vbpad » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:53 pm

it's funny because i just got a pair of lace up's that were .5 of a size bigger than my street shoes. and they do keep Anasazis velcro in stock at radical edge. oh and they are awesome shoes love the edging and toeing capabilities.
vbpad

Postby martha » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:14 pm

Fred wrote:I've been wearing the velcros for years and I always went 1 size smaller than my street shoe but my toes are permanently deformed as a result. I would recommend 1/2 size smaller than your street shoe. They will mold and not hurt so much but they won't stretch. The only stretching that will occur will be on the roof of your toes which will aleviate some of the pressure.

Fred's shoes are really 1.5 sizes smaller than his street shoes.. cause he wears his street shoes too small too! HA! Funny how your toes shouldn't touch the end of ALL your shoes....
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby dcentral » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:01 pm

Don't forget anasazi velcro are linned so they'll stink really bad in no time.
dcentral

Postby jnnfr » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:51 pm

"stink real bad" is an understatement. The anasazis make my whole apartment stink.
jnnfr

Postby jnnfr » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:52 pm

"stink real bad" is an understatement. The anasazis make my whole apartment stink.
jnnfr

Postby Scooter » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:16 pm

yeah but it is such a rewarding smell.... makes you feel like a real climber!!
Scooter

Postby dcentral » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:51 pm

makes the rest of us vomit. Remember Goober's A. The worst smell for about a 10 mile radius.
dcentral

Return to Gear