Look at buying new shoes

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Look at buying new shoes

Postby Climbing4life » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:19 am

I`m looking at buying new shoes , but i`m on a buget (of course) i want comfort / with a lil proformance wanted to see what anyone here had to say . i have 510 slippers the work awesome but they are too small(kills my right big toe)

Cheers
SeanB

:?
"Death was Nature's way of telling you to slow down."
-- Terry Pratchett (Strata, 1981)
Climbing4life

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:46 am

Comfort with performance? Then you need to find a pair of shoes that fit your foot well. A really good fitting shoe shouldn't slop around on your foot even with your toes flat.

If you liked how the Saphires fit then it sounds like you might have a fairly narrow foot. Most 5.10 shoes have big heel cups, but can still work well if the rest fits okay (though I would not say that any of my 5.10 shoes are very comfortable). I wear Saphires, but also like the fit of a few different La Sportiva shoes. Maybe try the Mythos.

If you're looking to get a deal then figure out what size you wear and hit up the internet. Lots of people buy shoes that are the wrong size and then look to get rid of them. I got a pair of brand new Anasazi Velcros for $60 last year from someone on RC.com. Could try this site or keep an eye on gear swap on the MEC site.

Good luck with the shoe search!
granite_grrl

thanks

Postby Climbing4life » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:25 pm

thanks a bunch , thats some goooooooooood feedback i must say.
ps that deal u got on those shoes 60buck
wow that sweet.
"Death was Nature's way of telling you to slow down."
-- Terry Pratchett (Strata, 1981)
Climbing4life

Return to Gear