NEED TO FIND SOME SIZE 11(US) SHOES!!

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

NEED TO FIND SOME SIZE 11(US) SHOES!!

Postby Climbing4life » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:07 am

I need to find some new shoes cause my anisazi slippers are getting too small , they KILL my toes , if anyone has any suggestions about a good place to get some shoes( i`d rather go buy them , would wanna try them on first have weird shaped feet)
If anyone has any suggestions that would be GREAT!

thanks

PEACE
Sean B (C4L)
"Death was Nature's way of telling you to slow down."
-- Terry Pratchett (Strata, 1981)
Climbing4life

Postby Fred » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:10 am

Radical Edge in Fredericton carries a wide range of LaSportiva and Five Ten at same prices or better than competitors.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Climbing4life » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:39 pm

Fred wrote:Radical Edge in Fredericton carries a wide range of LaSportiva and Five Ten at same prices or better than competitors.

thats where i got muy first shoes , but i found they didn`t have much of a selection last time i was there about 3 weeks ago
i can always Go check IT out though

thanks
C4L
Climbing4life

Postby Fred » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:19 pm

what exactly are you looking for because I was there today and they seem to have as much choice as MEC?
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Climbing4life » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:36 pm

Fred wrote:what exactly are you looking for because I was there today and they seem to have as much choice as MEC?

really ??
i was just browsin cause i was there just for a min , picked up some chalk
but i just want a good confortable pair of shoes , preferably lace up , did the slipper thing ( anisazi mocs)
Climbing4life

Postby martha » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:08 pm

Climbing4life wrote:
Fred wrote:what exactly are you looking for because I was there today and they seem to have as much choice as MEC?

really ??
i was just browsin cause i was there just for a min , picked up some chalk
but i just want a good confortable pair of shoes , preferably lace up , did the slipper thing ( anisazi mocs)

I would go Velcro myself. Easier on and off than laces so for gym climbing they rock. also easy at the crag to slip off between pitches if needed. The lace up shoes tend to be high performance too like the Anasazi lace up and the Muira. Reason being, you can get your foot into a smaller shoe and do it up tighter when you can lace it all the way down. Also, it is important to note the flexibility in tightening them. You can have them loose around your arch if you have a high one, and tighter around the toes if your feet are narrow etc.

That being said, there are some great all around shoes that are lace ups., the Five Ten Spires being one of them.

Like Fred said, the saphires are a ladies shoe, though some men have had great success with them, though if you have a wide foot, I doubt you will find they fit you.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:20 pm

martha wrote:I would go Velcro myself. Easier on and off than laces so for gym climbing they rock. also easy at the crag to slip off between pitches if needed. The lace up shoes tend to be high performance too like the Anasazi lace up and the Muira. Reason being, you can get your foot into a smaller shoe and do it up tighter when you can lace it all the way down. Also, it is important to note the flexibility in tightening them. You can have them loose around your arch if you have a high one, and tighter around the toes if your feet are narrow etc.

I know lots of people that use velcros while pulti-pitch trad climbing. They are easy off between pitches so they can work well, though I still prefer my laceups. I just wouldn't want to have to foot jam with my velcros and the hammer toe I have in them.

All depends on the fit.
granite_grrl

Return to Gear