titanium cookset

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

titanium cookset

Postby Ulysse » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:22 pm

Have any of you guys ever cooked with a titanium frying pan. just wondering if food sticks to it while cooking of a single burner "torch". Ive been using the gsi bugaboo cookset but there a bit heavy and it does not last very long. Just dont want to dish out over 100 if its not worth it.
Ulysse

Postby martha » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:05 am

Just us the stainless steel Alpine cookset. Food doesn't stick to that unless you burn it...in which case maybe you need cooking lessons instead of new cookware...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby The Teth » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:50 pm

A little late to reply to this post, but I have been using the same titanium pot for camp cooking for the last seven years and it is still in fine condition. It is non stick, and since it is the mettle rather than some coting, you do not have to worry about it warring out. It is also light as a feather, which is important to some people. The only thing to remember is to always pack it at the top of your pack. Titanium is strong, but because it is thin you can crumple it easily, so you do not want your heavy gear sitting on top of it.

If I ever have to buy anther pot, it will be titanium. That is, if I every have to buy another pot.

Teth
The Teth

Postby Ulysse » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:46 pm

thanks for the info, guess then I should be satisfied with mine. I just got a set from mec the 2400 from snow peak. man are they ever light, probably less than half the weight or my previous set

now that I have found most of what ive been looking for. if only I could find the perfect pack. Light, no frills, 50- to 55+ L , gear loops, 3 compresion straps on each side (if possible). Ive been shopping around all winter and have not found one that suites my needs yet. The only one close to it is the BD shadow.
Ulysse

Postby johnb » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:04 pm

Wild things makes such a pack, and its super light, if not they can custom fit you
johnb

Return to Gear