Hey Gear Monkeys

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Hey Gear Monkeys

Postby dcentral » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:25 pm

If you haven't been there yet you should really check out.

http://www.steepandcheap.com

They sell one piece of gear at a time until it's gone or no one is buying anymore. But the prices are crazy.

I've picked up a mt. hardware soft shell, spy ski goggles, and a bd head lamp for around $200.

Beaware the following doesn't ship to Canada. But there's still a ton of gear on there.

K2
- Arc'teryx
- Arbor
- Burton which includes: Burton, Anon, Analog, Gravis, R.E.D., Mark 13
or Idiom
- Fritschi
- Nixon
- Oakley
- Polar
- La Sportiva (US and Canada only)
- Cascade Designs (includes MSR, Therm a Rest, Platypus, SealLine,
Tracks)
- Vans
- Ride
- The North Face
- Spyder

I would have bought a mammut rope today had I been on when it was available and there were tri-cams for sale today as well. Recently the gear has been a little boring but whatever it goes in waves.[/url]
dcentral

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING????

Postby Shawn B » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:36 am

THE #1 RULE OF S&C IS THAT YOU DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT TALK ABOUT S&C. DIDN'T YOU READ THE CONTRACT???? Fred, this is all slander and the site is a hoax. You should delete this before anyone else sees it and goes there.
Shawn B

Postby chossmonkey » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:10 am

For what it's worth, Rebecca ordered an Arcteryx jacket before seeing that it was labled "US only" but it still came with out any problems. Not that that would always be the case, but if we see other Arcteryx stuff we may try ordering it.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Re: WHAT ARE YOU THINKING????

Postby martha » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:22 am

Shawn B wrote:THE #1 RULE OF S&C IS THAT YOU DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT TALK ABOUT S&C. DIDN'T YOU READ THE CONTRACT???? Fred, this is all slander and the site is a hoax. You should delete this before anyone else sees it and goes there.

:lol: :lol:

I hear ya shawn.. it is like good wine and finding a new cliff.. you just wanna keep it all to yourself eh?
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:57 am

Hello, my name is Rebecca and I'm a steepandcheap junkie.

It was great while living in the states to order stuff, but now in Canada you have to want to look at the shipping costs and exchange rate to see if its really worth it.

But things like my new Arc'teryx soft shell were more than worth it. After every thing I think it charged ~$115 to my credit card, saw the same jacket at Cost Moutain for $350 :shock:. Saw a 10.5 Mammut Flash on there yesterday for $88USD. Was going to get it, but maybe just as well we didn't (still have that one from MEC last year that's barely been used).

As for the shipping of stuff, just give 'er a go. They didn't see to care about the softshell, even though it was explicitly stated in the description.
granite_grrl

Postby Shawn B » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:06 am

You see...an Arc'teryx goretex xcr bib went on a few minutes ago. Down to nothing but small within a few minutes and will be all gone within 5 mins. AHHHHH...STOP ADVERTISING IT!!!!! :evil: :evil: Anything good goes in no time now compared to even a few months ago. The Mammut rope was a killer deal at $85 for a 60m duodess.
Shawn B

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:59 am

Shawn B wrote:You see...an Arc'teryx goretex xcr bib went on a few minutes ago. Down to nothing but small within a few minutes and will be all gone within 5 mins. AHHHHH...STOP ADVERTISING IT!!!!! :evil: :evil: Anything good goes in no time now compared to even a few months ago. The Mammut rope was a killer deal at $85 for a 60m duodess.

Crap, I didn't even notice that it was duodess! Oh well.

It would be if only a handfol of people knew about the site, but its really no secret. Talking about it here on CEC is nothing about talking about it on RC.com (which is actually where I found out about it in the first place).

Still, there's a reason why I haven't talked about it on this board till now..... :twisted:
granite_grrl

Postby dcentral » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:01 pm

Whatever dudes. It's not like it's a big secret or you are the only ones using it.

There are so many people on there, plus a friend and I have it all set up so we get emails of only the products we want and cell phone notification.

Having more people on there is better anyway cause recently they've been putting up a lot of log jam products. So if we can get that crap moving all the better.
dcentral

Postby chossmonkey » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:51 pm

dcentral wrote: plus a friend and I have it all set up so we get emails of only the products we want and cell phone notification.

Holy crap!! That sounds like cheating! :evil:
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby dcentral » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:34 am

Working smrter not harder.
dcentral

Postby Shawn B » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:42 am

Yo hammer....you fessing up all your secret pow stashes at Whistler too?? I seriously would love to hear about those. :D :D Please do post.
Shawn B

Postby dcentral » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:57 pm

Wouldn't know anything about snow.

I'm actually dreading the rumors of it snowing here next week.
dcentral

Postby Graham » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:14 pm

If your looking for cheap gear that'll ship to canada, and without having to wait for it to appear for thirty seconds before it's sold out, try out Sierra Trading post (http://www.sierratradingpost.com). I've seen Arc'teryx jackets for 80% off. Not a whole lot of climbing hardwear, but in terms of outdoor clothing, it can't be beat.
Graham

Postby chossmonkey » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:13 pm

Shawn B wrote:You see...an Arc'teryx goretex xcr bib went on a few minutes ago. Down to nothing but small within a few minutes and will be all gone within 5 mins. AHHHHH...STOP ADVERTISING IT!!!!! :evil: :evil: Anything good goes in no time now compared to even a few months ago. The Mammut rope was a killer deal at $85 for a 60m duodess.

Honestly it would be nice to have more people to get through the fluff faster. There was this Quicksilver watch that just wouldn't go away, it would but then it would be right back.
chossmonkey

Postby dcentral » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:50 am

Any one pick up the flash rope today?

I almost did but held back in the end.
dcentral

Return to Gear